Ed Walters has been a busy lad too!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Ed Walters has been a busy lad too!

Post by Trev Clark »

ATB Trev

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I dunno about has been busy.. he's still busy!! :lol:

This model is going to be the most expensive project I've been involved with (and is the project I mentioned on the VA thread) as I've got TrackIR4 Pro coming tomorrow so that I can enjoy it to the full. :shock:

Before you all say it.. yes I know.. I am one of the world's firmest believers in 2D panels and greatest opponents of VC's. What's more.. it means I'll have to wear a silly hat (though nothing of the grandeur of Jetset's :lol: )!! Problem is with any aircraft of this ilk.. the panel is 'in your face' making a 2D panel almost unusable if you are interested in seeing the ground and seeing all the relevant instruments. I'm still not sure if Ed is going to include a 2D with this (it has one at present) and I don't think he is either! :smile:

It has not been handed to the pilots yet (as in two Shuttleworth pilots) so there is still some way to go but I'd hazard a guess that the basic model as seen in the link is over halfway there.

My only concern is how do I get the TrackIR past the good lady?? If I can sneak it past her.. she's bound to notice the little jobbie sitting on my monitor and even if that got past her.. the hat will be a giveaway :worried: If I'm not around for a while (or at all) you'll know that some of this.. :argue: or worse, some of this.. :axe: is or has gone on behind the scenes!! :redface:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

OneMacGuru
Meteor
Meteor

Post by OneMacGuru »

A bit of help for you DaveB.
My TrackIR 4 is actually a 'monitoring' device necessary for interaction on the forums. The cap has an 'aerial' which sends messages to the reciever which sits on top of the monitor. If everything is working fine then the coloured lights show in certain patterns. It's for testing only but can't be switched off even when in flight sim :shock:
If the wife is technically minded then you are beta testing it for a friend who is thinking of packaging it with the latest add on aircraft. :worried:
If all else fails, it only cost £20 and you can send it back in the first year. :k:
Or you could always tell the truth and take the beating... :poke:

Al

Edit: to be fair I was half way through typing this (at work) and pressed the wrong button - I was going to add a PS honest :worried: I got my TrackIR 4 for another release of a Spitfire and will be adding this one to my hangar. But before then I will be adding a new joystick to my system and the reason - I'm hoping it will stop all the crashes to desktop and make the computer run faster... :-$
Last edited by OneMacGuru on 08 May 2006, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

Ed Walters
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Ed Walters »

LOL :D That's quite a bizarre turn to the thread ;)

Thanks for the comments chaps - if anyone has any questions about this project, I'll try and answer them!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got to the stage where I tell the truth and am disbelieved but I can't see me telling the truth over this one.. not with the car and dog requiring an MOT this month!!! I'll run with it as it's happening I think.. the mind is sharper when under pressure (thinking of Homer Simpson.. ) :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Looks very nice Ed. If it's a good as the Lanc I'll be a very happy customer... :smile:
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Ermmm Hi folks

I can substantiate what DaveB says - it will be a thing of beauty and (Eds
gonna revoke my testpilot license) as its being developed in conjunction
with not one but two current Spit pilots probably one of the better
flight models around for payware - get your plastic ready - its a keeper.

Leif

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Yes, I think this is the one I've been waiting for...So I hope it does have a 2D panel...If not I'll have to add one :think:

migeater0
Lightning
Lightning

Post by migeater0 »

Can't you just stick the pad things to your forehead? Just tell here it's a stress related illness.
The Sock Lives! Long Live The Sock!

Ed Walters
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Ed Walters »

I heard a story of a guy who walked into a supermarket and someone came up to him and said "So, are you enjoying your Track IR?"...

The guy was very puzzled, until he realised that he still had the reflective dot stuck to his forehead!

(And no - I don't have a TrackIR - it wasn't me guv!)