AEROSIM TRISTAR PROBLEM

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

buff
Viscount
Viscount

AEROSIM TRISTAR PROBLEM

Post by buff »

Hi,

Have got a niggle with the Aerosim Tristar, I was doing a flight (my first, as i have just bought the aircraft and downloaded all up to date service packs for it...) anyway..... i was doing a flight from manchester to madeira in the aircraft and was cruising at 37,000 feet, i did not use a speed hold and the aircraft was cruising at around 310kts, at 100 miles i throttled back to begin the decent however the engines decided to stay at 100% power and would not throttle back at all, i checked the autopilot to see if the autothrottle was armed but it was not. I switched the whole autopilot off but still the engines remained at 100%, i evetually quit the flight (I was VERY annoyed).

if anyone can help...Please do

Thanks
BOEING..........Turning lemons into lemonade since 1916

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Buff,

I've not come across this with the Tristar but truth to tell.. I only fly it high days and holidays and then.. only the RAF paints. I think I only have one service pack in place so it may be that a later release has introduced the problem you're having.
In any case, the model (as I have it) is very quick.. too quick I think and shows a marked reluctance to slow down (thank goodness for speedbrakes!!). If I get the opportunity, I'll give it a run and see what happens. Jetset has been a Tristar man as is Tash (both real and Aerosim!) so maybe they can add something :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Post by mgchristy »

I've had this same problem on a few occasions, too....and with their DC-10 as well.

I always chalked it up to random computer 'farts' (for lack of a better term :smile: )....but a quick search of their forum on Avsim reveals several others have had similar issues. I didn't see any mention of a fix, though.

Sorry, as this really isn't much help...

buff
Viscount
Viscount

Post by buff »

thanks guys,

at least i'm not the only one,

see what the others say, theres a good deal of knowledgeable people on this forum!
BOEING..........Turning lemons into lemonade since 1916

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

You were a brave man in any event taking a L 1011 into madeira!

Chris

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Buff..

A quick thought that smacked me between the eyes a little earlier. Are you starting a new flight with the Tristar or.. starting a default flight (or a new flight with a default aircraft) and then selecting the Tristar??

I wonder, and it's just a wonder, that the Tristar is one of these aircraft that needs to be used with Flightsim in a default situation?? Try making a new flight at the airport you want to be at but with a Cessna.. then.. select the Tristar and try the flight again :wink: Could be so much BLX but it may work :smile:

ATB

ImageImage

tash
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by tash »

The real TriStar does infact not want to slow down very much atall. Infact when landing I have overheard the pilots saying that "you have to apply it to the runway" The thing with the aerosim model is that the flying controls do not work the same as a real Tristar. The spoilers work in 6 different modes on the real thing, when the flaps are at 33 not only do they work in roll augmentation they also work in DLC (direct lift control) this adjusts the attitude of the aircraft using the spoilers during final approach, using the spoilers also causes drag and so helps it slow down. Also not all the spoilers work together or at the same time, 5 and 6 will not work on the ground or during DLC. No 1 will not work in roll augmentaion.

On the aileron front, both outboard ailerons should be faired up 8 degrees with the flaps >2.5, with the flaps up they should both be faied down 2 degrees. This is part of the ACS (active control system). It reduces wing tip stress and dampens the elastic response of the wings.

The TriStar realy is a complicated aircraft when it comes to flying controls as a lot of the controls have computer inputs and some of the controls do not work in the conventional way. Thus why the aerosim TriStar will never fly exactly like the real thing although it is quite close :wink:
If the Army was ment to fly god would have painted the sky green!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Tash and many thanks for that :wink:

I was aware of the DLC and noted that the model doesn't reflect this very well.. hardly surprising really :smile: Probably a good job though as you've seen the amount of folk that have probs with Rick's slightly more simple 748!! :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

tash wrote:On the aileron front, both outboard ailerons should be faired up 8 degrees with the flaps >2.5, with the flaps up they should both be faied down 2 degrees. This is part of the ACS (active control system). It reduces wing tip stress and dampens the elastic response of the wings.
The ACS was only part of the extended-wingtip -500 series aircraft. There were no pre-500 aircraft (-1, -100, -200, and all of the conversions to similar standards) were not equipped with this system. DLC was, however, installed on all aircraft.

Also, the one "what if" of the L1011's life that would have been awsome had it been implimented was that the 500-series Prototype aircraft was equipped with a full glass cockpit and 2-man cockpit, including FADEC RB.211s in addition to 5 large CRT displays similar to what you see on the 777 for display of flight, navigation, and engine instruments. The modification was offered to existing aircraft and as an option on new orders, but the airlines still had the requirement for 3-man crews on all overwater operations due to union contracts, so the modification never sold and when that requirement disappeared, no one took the option to do the conversion. I always wondered why Marshalls never really pushed the conversion to the RAF and their freighter customers. It would have been the perfect time to make the conversion and make some serious improvements in operations through the installation of hte FADEC engines and better system automation (which was already pretty good already) with the update in the computers that controlled all the systems.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Tash

Thanks , you just answered a dilema I have had with the 1011 and my
favorite bit of real estate - I have ridden on the jumpseat of both Delta's
and ATA's 1011s from LAX-OGG many times when I was dating my
wife - (also on 757s and once on a A310) - Kahalui is a fairly short
runway with the ocean at one end - my problem being is I have never
been able to duplicate the landings in the 1011 there on flight sim -