defending the use of maam dc 3

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

david balmer

defending the use of maam dc 3

Post by david balmer »

After the last fight having to justify my use of the DC3 ( Maam ) and trying to help a fellow new member with his questions. with great misfortune his reply being posted in the wrong section of the forum, the response was quite uncalled for and rather underhanded.
this has now happen to me on a few occasions during my time here and i find it insulting and rather unfitting of so called adults with an interest of aircraft. so i now give formal notice that i will no longer take this personal verbal assault. as of 15.38hr eastern time i wish to be removed from the cbfs forum,cbfs VA. i hope that my personal information with be removed from the main database.
I truely hoped that this forum was not like some others that i have unfortunatly come across, for it only take's one or two to destroy the reputation of a very good informative forum.
i know i have made mistakes in my post's but have had the maturity to make amends, to the people offended. may you have success with the VA and encourge mark with his DC3 flights.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave.

I have actioned your request and it is now complete. I think that DB more than adequately delt with the issue of both the post being in the wrong section and the other responses to it.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

What has happened since that post was made to change things here???

There was (to my knowledge) only ONE person who dripped and the person concerned is not representative of the forum administration nor is he a part of it.

If anyone would like to enlighten me as to what 'underhanded' response has been made, I'll be glad to listen. I do expect a modicum of maturity here even though not all members seem capable.

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

It's a shame that non-VA members can pi$$ a VA member off to the extent that a TRUE gentleman of the virtual skies has to resort to such action. There are no rules about what freeware/payware add-ons have to be used to fly any aircraft type operated by the VA and members will continue to be allowed this freedom of choice. I certainly would not expect a fellow VA member to chastise another VA member for thier choice of add-on used and as far as I am aware this has not happened. If any non-VA member makes the criticism then quite frankly, what's it got to do with them anyway as it's not causing anyone any harm and they have no need to even look in an area of the forum if it doesn't interest them other than to cause aggro.

It is obvious that the VA's main aim is to use, wherever possible, the freeware offerings from our talented 'in-house' designers. As far as I am aware none of them have made a DC-3 and with such a fine offering from MAAM I think it unlikely that they will do so.

With regards to 'wrong' choice of forum area for a particular post, well who hasn't ever posted in the wrong area. The particular post was dealt with very early on and an attempt was made to put it to bed, but some people just can't or won't let things rest as they seem to have a point to make :doh:

Rgds

John

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Can you make the VA area only visible to certain members?

That may solve this problem some what.

Just a thought.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Garry,

Unfortunately, in this case.. it would have had no effect at all. A post was made in CBFS by Markyp with regard to the MAAM DC3. It was simply a fact that Mark had put his post in the wrong forum but which was seized upon by one of our 'un-nominated' moderators. The matter was dealt with in short order and 'those that mattered' were aware of the faux pas. End of episode you may think.. apparently not.

A cautionary note to all forum members as this has pi**ed me off too. If I want more moderators or if any other administrator/moderator wishes to nominate someone for the position of moderator.. then the usual process will be adhered to. Neither I nor the other administrators/moderators need reminding of our 'perceived' duties!

I can't begin to imagine what David was referring to with his 'underhand' comment but if I find that someone not nominated as a moderator has been responsible for PM's/Emails to him personally.. I will ban that particular person/person's.

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I take your point Dave.

The bottom line is we lose good members, and that is clearly not on.

Garry
Garry

bigred1970
Victor
Victor
Location: Seneca, SC USA about as far NW in South Carolina as you can get.

Post by bigred1970 »

another thing that might help you all out, there are several modifications of the default dc3's flight model out there that is supposed to make it more realistic, I think one was posted on a dc3 site, after work I will see if I can find a link for you all.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Big red

The problem with the default is that it can't be painted properly

I have had many mods that make it better to fly and taxy, but come outside and it's still the same awful beast.

These mods have bee out for some time but nothing makes it worthwhile :sad:

Garry
Garry

bigred1970
Victor
Victor
Location: Seneca, SC USA about as far NW in South Carolina as you can get.

Post by bigred1970 »

Garry Russell wrote:Hi Big red

The problem with the default is that it can't be painted properly

I have had many mods that make it better to fly and taxy, but come outside and it's still the same awful beast.

These mods have bee out for some time but nothing makes it worthwhile :sad:

Garry
I will agree with that, untill I got a new compy, all the default planes textures were blurry, because of my old graphics card....