FS Passengers, Grrrr!

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

John R
Meteor
Meteor

FS Passengers, Grrrr!

Post by John R »

So I'm doing a quick hop from EGNT to EGGP, I have everything ticking like clockwork until the gear won't go up, yep, FSPass has induced a failure :shock:

I think keep the speed down and all will be OK at LPL. But no, FSP has other ideas, wants me to declare an emergency, which I do, and divert to Teeside.

Now, as we know, FS9 ATC is good :wink: at PAN calls :poke: :doh: but I get her down in one piece, complete with sirens and PAX screaming, but a pat on the back from Flynet? Nope, just a telling off :tuttut: for landing somewhere else... oh and a healthy loss of revenue..

Lesson learnt? FS Pax off for Flynet flights... Oh, and 'AM needs a coat of looking at..

John

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi John,

Nope, FlyNET doesn't have the facility to handle diversions at the moment. It is on the wish list for this feature to be included at some point. If and when this is included, I'm pretty certain it would not take into consideration diversions required by programmes external to FlyNET. I'm not sure how FSPassengers logs your flights but I suppose one solution would have been to either shutdown FSPassengers and continue with FlyNET, or shutdown FlyNET and continue the FSPassengers. If the latter was chosen, then you would just have to re-fly your booked flights with FlyNET.

Losses were incurred due to no revenue being generated against expenses of fuel/catering etc and then multiplied by 300. I'm sure you will make that up on subsequent flights, though it'll take you a while to work off the -15% penalty for landing at the wrong airport.

Failures are not logged/recorded from one flight to another in FlyNET and even even if that were the case, FlyNET didn't induce the failure so G-ATAM is 'good to go'.

Rgds

John

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Just as a note here, I think this experience should be a good example for why to not run multiple "Airline Simulation" modules at the same time. Because they don't talk to each other, something one does could cause problems for the other, and thus instead of having just one problem, you could end up with 3 or 4 if things.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yup :wink:

I have no experience of FSPassengers other than bits I've picked up and it inducing failures was not one of them!! :shock: Knowing that FlyNET will add these for you, the last thing you need is TWO progs trying to close you down :tuttut: Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it :roll:

JohnP.. should nothing untoward happen with JohnR's flights from this point on, how long will it take to work off -15??? Does this penalty count against his flights too?? If you can't work off .5 of a flight (landing light penalty), the prospects do not look too good for landing at the wrong airport or would this incur the same .5 flight penalty??

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

DaveB wrote:
JohnP.. should nothing untoward happen with JohnR's flights from this point on, how long will it take to work off -15??? Does this penalty count against his flights too?? If you can't work off .5 of a flight (landing light penalty), the prospects do not look too good for landing at the wrong airport or would this incur the same .5 flight penalty??
Hi Dave,

Well, I'm guessing it's just a case of doing the maths. FlyNET seems to round to the nearest one decimal place with the ratings so you need to get your average back to a fraction over 99.95% for it to register back at 100%

299 flights at 100% + one flight at 85% = average of 99.95% so I'm guessing it would still show 99.9%
One more flight of 100% will give an average of 99.950166 which again as a guess to nearest one decimal point will get you back to a 'displayed' 100% even though it would actually be 99.950166 :smile: . The more 100% flights a pilot has 'under his belt' the less impact these penalties have against overall pilot rating. If a pilot were to get one 5% penalty on each and every flight his rating would not drop below 95%

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr that John and tks :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

John R
Meteor
Meteor

Post by John R »

Thanks for all the answers chaps :smile:

Rest assured, I will not be using FSP and flynet again. I'm growing less a fan the more I use it.
So to get back up to as near 100% as is possible I have to fly perfect flights :redface:

I'm up for the challenge!

John