BAC 1-11 Questions

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

deltafan
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

BAC 1-11 Questions

Post by deltafan »

Hello all, I've got some questions about the DM's BAC 1-11. When reading the manual, I noticed that it said that the autopilot's automatic pitch mode only works in MAN mode. If I were to switch this to VOR/LOC mode, does the pilot have to control pitch himself?

Second question: IT WORKS IN FSX!!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Problem is when I switch on the Master Autopilot Switch, the engines shut down. Is this because I did not flip a proper switch before trying to turn on the autopilot or is this an FSX problem that would require an update?

Third question: If an update for FSX is needed, will there be an update?

Thank you. :smile:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Just out of interest where is your One-Eleven smoke in FS.X?

When I ran the One-Eleven in the demo the smoke trails were off to the side and one on top of the other....ie the effect was orientated 90 degrees and misaligned.

DM did mention a few things that don't work in FS.X with the instruments

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

deltafan
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by deltafan »

The smoke on my 1-11 in FSX seems to be coming from wheel level under the dead center of the aircraft.

Also, it seems to me that the external sounds don't get much louder at full thrust and when you power down a bit, they are quieter than when you first went to outside view. Once you switch views and return back to spot plane, they are noisy again, at idle. Shouldn't they be noisy at idle, extremely noisy at full thrust, and not be quieter than when you were idle thrust before when you throttle back down to idle?

I haven't tested the sounds on FS9 yet, perhaps that's they way the sounds are, or is it another FSX issue?

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The sound was not working properly on the demo I had

Going from quiet to very loud as you scrolled around on spot view

They claim total backward compatibility but it does not seem to be that ,only partial.

One thing in the older sims to knock up a newer version of a model for the new sim and try and get it a bit more like the real thing but now the models are very realistic and complex and compatibility is an absolute must.

Garry
Garry

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

What a difficult question.

After a quick refresher, there is MAN mode & then there is 'MAN' mode.
It's a right load of old rubbish. I'll try to explain it better:-

First thing - Whenever the Auto Pilot is engaged, it always has full control of pitch & roll, the pilot never has any control through the yoke.
MAN mode simply refers to either the pitch or roll being altered through manual intervention rather than the A/P doing it automatically.

The Automatic pitch modes are 'Alt Hold' & 'G/S Auto' (and 'IAS' on the 1-11 510ED).
So the Manual pitch thumb wheels are always active except for when the A/P is using any of these automatic modes.

Similar for roll, the automatic modes are 'HDG', 'VOR/LOC' & 'G/S Auto'.
Selecting 'MAN' on the rotary switch only means that the Manual 'TURN' knob is in use for roll.

Slightly different on the 1-11 510ED - The pitch wheel only operates in 'Height Acquire' mode & there is no MANUAL TURN mode at all.

I should imagine there will be an FSX update at some point in the next two years.
There's lots wrong with it in FSX.
The way it's going, I wouldn't be surprised if a very large number of existing users stick with FS2004.
I should really wait until I've tried the final version that's now in the shops. I do remember reading that the demo didn't have all the performance optimizations that the final product had. :wink:

DM
ImageImage

deltafan
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by deltafan »

Going from quiet to very loud as you scrolled around on spot view
That is because the sounds are now dynamic and you will hear different things around different parts of the plane. As for my problem, I was stationary in spot view, so it shouldn't sound like what I heard I don't think.
I should imagine there will be an FSX update at some point in the next two years.
NOOOO! So long!!!!! Oh well, I can still fly it a bit until then.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Flies well in FS.9 if you can't wait :roll: :lol:

Garry
Garry

bigred1970
Victor
Victor
Location: Seneca, SC USA about as far NW in South Carolina as you can get.

Post by bigred1970 »

I know I am gonna stay with fs4 for a while. I have a feeling my g force 5200

card would lunch itself on fsx....... :worried: