The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Rich
VC10
VC10

AFCAD problem, no show in go to menu

Post by Rich »

Hi All, Not sure where this should go,

I have done 2 AFCADS for float planes/flying boats here in the Philippines, one on Lake Taal and one in Subic bay neither will show in the Go to menu.

Both were checked with the AFCAD tools fault finder with no problems, I installed and activated both in Fs 9 and though neither show in the go to airport menu they do show on the map view, GPS and I left all the runways, taxiways as concrete to see the layout before changing to water and making them invisible, they both show ok.

I also did flights set up in Fs Navigator to both and they both worked perfectly I just can't for the life of me see why they do'nt show in go to, I have done dozens if not hundreds before and never had this problem.

Tried all the usual stuff reinstal reactivate deleted the scenery.dat files to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas.

Not a British local I know bit it is niggling me, feel free to delete if not accetpable, the bases are for Mr Ito's SR-A1 ( as this is where they were intended to opperate) if I ever get it to fly properly now that I spent some time doing a couple of fictional paints for it, no choice since it never went into production.
Rich

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Are they new airports or are they modifications of existing?

If the latter I bet our good McLeland has a tip or two up his sleeves....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

DanKH, They are both new airports, I did one some time ago for Sangley point here in Manila bay where Christopher Fry crashed in Sunderland P Peter and that is ok. The stupid thing is ai works too, I have a Sunderland flying from Sangley to Taal and another to Subic with no problems.
Rich

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Rich,

McLeland Field is a new airport and all shows perfectly in the "Go to airport"...make sure that your Airport ID is unique and not already present in FS...Here is my AFCAD with the Airport Properties showing (File > Properties):-

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Peter, many thanks for your reply, yes both ID's are unique, my properties sheets are as yours except for the different locs etc.

What is niggling me is that both these sceneries (Afcad water bases) show up correctly on the ground/water, they show on GPS and Map view, I can do a flight plan using Fs navigator and fly all the way on auto pilot and touch down in the right place, I also have ai going to and from those places but they will not show in the go to menu.

I did one for Manila Bay just off Sangley point some time ago to operate Sunderlands I have no problems with that not showing.
Rich

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Rich wrote:Peter, many thanks for your reply, yes both ID's are unique, my properties sheets are as yours except for the different locs etc.

What is niggling me is that both these sceneries (Afcad water bases) show up correctly on the ground/water, they show on GPS and Map view, I can do a flight plan using Fs navigator and fly all the way on auto pilot and touch down in the right place, I also have ai going to and from those places but they will not show in the go to menu.

I did one for Manila Bay just off Sangley point some time ago to operate Sunderlands I have no problems with that not showing.
That is very odd Rich...Try the Search or Filter Refresh button before searching then use the ID in the appropriate box. If that fails then start with the country in the drop down lists then the city and see if you can get there that way.

Also, it may possibly be that your no show airport has a certain thing missing that may just be necessary for it to show in that list. Might be some basic thing like a Runway...Yours does have a runway?...Maybe it has to have at least one Area Comms Freq...But I think AFCAD puts that in automatically.

I am interested in discovering just what it is that is required, because it would then enable me to prevent some of mine showing...McLeland Field is actually a bunch of AFCADs together...McLeland Field and McLeland Seaplane Base I would like to continue showing on the Go to airport list but I would prefer that Guard One, Guard Two, Guard Three, Cruise Ship One, Cruise Ship Two, Cruise Ship Three and Fishing Boats would NOT show on the list...They also clutter up the FSNav map a bit.

Is there any way that your no show airport is different from a normal airport? :roll:

Just for info on McLeland Seaplane Base:-

Runway 1 foot wide concrete.
Black Runway Link on centre line of runway is 0 feet concrete.
All taxiways are actually Apron Routes 1 foot wide concrete.
All Parking Connectors are 1 foot wide concrete.
All parking spaces are Dock GA.
It just has one Comms Traffic Frequency.
Last edited by petermcleland on 14 Dec 2006, 14:13, edited 2 times in total.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Rich,

In what folder did you put your AFCADs? I made a seperate folder for AFCADs under ADDON SCENERY and try to put all AFCAD's even if included in seperate scenery in that folder. If the AFCAD came from seperate scenery I move the AFCAD file to my AFCAD folder.

My ADDON SCENERY folder (with the AFCAD subfolder) is defined as the highest level scenery.

Just a shot in the dark, but I have not had any problems with new airports showing in the FS "go to" menu.

One more thought - do they show when you check the search addon scenery button on the "go to" screen?

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Peter, I have re installed AFCAD but no change, I have made a little zip package of the 3 bgl's the 1 good and 2 non goers if you want to look at them this is the link.

http://www.philskies.net/library/Rich/P ... %20Bgl.zip

I did run AV scan on them before upload but to be on the safe side scan when/if you download.

There is a little txt file inside with some explaination of what I have and what I found, very little I am afraid, by the way if you do take a trip to lake Taal you will only see the main crater full of water Ms forgot the other huge lump inside which is another crater though I do believe I saw it in FSX beta 1 in between crashes but it is flat, one of the Philippine Flight Sim group did a scenery of the smaller crater.

nigelb, It does'nt seem to be case of not finding it it seems the AFCADS are flawed since GPS, Map view etc can read the info from them and Fs Nav works fine, maybe try a older version of FSUIPC.dll
Rich

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Rich wrote: ...nigelb, It does'nt seem to be case of not finding it it seems the AFCADS are flawed since GPS, Map view etc can read the info from them and Fs Nav works fine, maybe try a older version of FSUIPC.dll
I doubt FSUIPC is the cause, but I could be wrong. The strange thing is you checked the AFCADs with the fault checker and they were ok. You could try loading each AFCAD and changing some small detail - maybe a parking assignment and then saving the AFCAD file to see if that fixes it. I do remember now having that problem with one particular AFCAD, but unfortunatly I can't recall how I fixed it - not much help, huh?

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Rich, I've tried your AFCADs on my FS9 (dropped them into the "addon scenery/scenery" folder) and they show fine in the selection menu by typing in the ICAO code, so it looks like it must be something else on your system rather than a fault with the AFCADs.
Dave G.