Altitude alert sound

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

NeilC
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Altitude alert sound

Post by NeilC »

A question (which I hope doesn't upset DM).

I have introduced the 1-11s Altitude Alert into one of my own panels, but can't get it to make the alert sound that goes with it.

What do I need to do to get it to make the sound. I have copied the wave file into the panel folder, and the dsd_xml_sound3.gau file, and the DM_-1-11_sound config file, but still no sound :-({|= :-({|=

Any ideas anyone (please don't tell me off for using one of your gauges, it is only for personal use, promise :smile: )

Thanks,

Neil

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Altitude alert sound

Post by delticbob »

NeilC wrote:A question (which I hope doesn't upset DM).

I have copied the wave file into the panel folder...

Neil
Should not a sound file go in the sound folder :shock: Just a thought

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

DM uses shared folders so it would I thought need to go in the DMFSshared on in the FS root folder and wherever the sounds are in that. :think:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

NeilC
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by NeilC »

Thanks for the replies :smile:

I have put the sound file in the panel folder, as well as every other file imaginable, I also have DMs shared folders for use with his VC10 and 1-11 so if it is linked back to that it should find what it is looking for.

I have had a brief look at the XML for DMs altitude alert gauge (but XML just baffles me :dunno: ) and can't find any reference to a sound file in the little I do understand.

I am hoping DM will happen accross this post soon and either put me out of my misery, or (quite rightly) tell me to get lost and not use his gauges :worried:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

You'll need to edit the DM_1-11_sound.ini to suit your mods.
Dave G.

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Hi Neil

Sorry this is late, been busy building up some bits into a new PC. :pray: (currently working well, but it sure gave me a good scare :worried: )

The extra sounds is not easy & it took me a while to get it right.
Unfortunately it's not just a matter of copying sound files & setting up entries in an 'ini' file. You need some XML to trigger it.

This is roughly the XML gauge that you would need to make the 1-11 Alt Alert gauge beep in another model.
The 'L' variable 'DM SOUND ALERT' is linked to the entry in the 'DM_1-11_sound.ini' file, which links to the 'wav' file also in the 'ini'. :think:
Are you following? :lol:

<Gauge Name="Sounds" Version="1.0">
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>
(L:AP ALT VAR, number) (A:Indicated altitude, feet) - abs d 200 >= r 1000 <= && if{ (L:DM SOUND ALERT FIRED,number) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:DM SOUND ALERT,number) 1 (>L:DM SOUND ALERT FIRED,number) } } els{ 0 (>L:DM SOUND ALERT,number) 0 (>L:DM SOUND ALERT FIRED,number) }
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>
</Gauge>

And you then need an entry in the panel.cfg something like this:-
gaugexx=dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3, 2,2,5,5,.\Aircraft\DMFS Shared Files\BAC 1-11 510ED Panel VC\DM_1-11_sound.ini
(change the path to where your ini file is)

It is all done using the freeware 'dsd_xml_sound3.gau' (available from AVSIM).
It does come with instructions, but it's not exactly for beginners.

BTW All of my gauges are available for people to use, so long as it's not for a commercial project. :thumbsup:

DM
ImageImage

NeilC
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by NeilC »

Thanks Dave, you are a true gentleman :smile:

I think I understand what you posted, but failed at the first hurdle of trying to create the sound gauge. I only have FS Panel Studio and after 4 hours of trying had to give up!

Thanks anyway for all your help.

Neil