A Costly Big Brother!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

A Costly Big Brother!

Post by Filonian »

This is not good news for any of us.

I hope you will find time to read this and, if you have the same concerns as I do, will sign the linked 'e' petition.

Any of you that drive will be affected by what the Government are proposing.

Log onto the link below sign and pass it on.

It only takes a minute to fill in.

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked.

Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Please pass this on to anyone who owns a car/motorcycle.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

This was posted over on austin-rover.co.uk's forums and I signed up. I'm all for saving the environment but this doesnt help, it just gives Goldeen Brown more money to fritter and infringes civil liberties and freedom :huf:

alan cottrill
Lightning
Lightning

Post by alan cottrill »

If Manchester go ahead with thier scheme of road priceing,it will cost me so much just to goto work,that i would have to give up my job and go sign on the dole. :dunno: :sad: :sad:
So as far as i am concerned,the gov can go f*** itself.
regards alan. :shock:
Please forgive strong language,but it makes my blood boil. :huf:

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Alan, I don't think most of them are into what you suggest . I think some other activity is more their line, but I agree with the sentimient wholeheartedly

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

F*** that! Signed & passed on.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Signed and passed on!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

alan cottrill
Lightning
Lightning

Post by alan cottrill »

On the radio this morning,thay said the PM was going to email,ALL 1.5 million who signed the petition,i know if i get a reply from him,HE WILL GET AN ANSWER,but he wont like it. :poke:
He has got to be the biggest IDIOT going,if he cannot see the harm he will do to the ecconomy,and peoples lifes,i for one would end up on the dole,as i cannot afford a £2000 hike in road tolls per year,just so i can go to work. :tuttut:
I have no other way of getting to work,than driving my car,and if it takes a national strike,to get this idiot to understand,then count me in. :huf:
regards alan. :shock:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I got the good lady to logon and register some time last week. Interesting that when interviewed on the box following the poll being reported on the news, the MP responsible was saying 'we don't even have a plan.. just a couple of pilot schemes'. Yeh.. right!! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

yeah and wheres one pilot gonna be??? lincolnshire!!!.......

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Chris Sykes wrote:yeah and wheres one pilot gonna be??? lincolnshire!!!.......
They don't need a tracking system for Lincolnshire; from my fond times of working in Spalding it's easy to work out where the traffic is - stuck behind a b****y tractor! :doh:

AndyG