Weird graphics behaviour

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ajb
Comet
Comet

Weird graphics behaviour

Post by ajb »

Can any of you hardware experts explain the following? I have 2 separate hard drives and Windows installations on my PC, one for FS9 and the other for general use. The same version of XP Home is installed on both systems. When I come to play videos, like the Rapide one posted by Toby, it plays perfectly on one system but looks like it is running in 16 bit colour on the other, FS9, system :shock: No problem with FS9 graphics on either system, just videos. I loaded it into Movie Maker and it's fine until I save it when it reverts to crazy colours. It will play fine in the DivX player but that stalls the video whilst continuing the soundtrack :shock: :shock: Latest versions of everything are installed on both systems so why do they perform differently?

Andy

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Right click on your desktop, click propeties, click on the settings tab and then click the advanced button. On the window that comes up, click the "troubleshooting" tab. Make sure the hardware acceleration slider is all the way over to the right. First thing that springs to my mind :think:

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Have you got all the latest codecs installed on your flightsim os?
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

Hardware acceleration is at full. Not sure about the codecs. I haven't done anything with them at all unless Windows upgrades have intervened. Which codecs should I be upgrading?

Andy