HELP!.................

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

HELP!.................

Post by Trev Clark »

They say problems come at the same time. Last week I lost my internet (along with the whole village) and now I have a prblem with all things on my PC that use full screen (both Open GL and Direct x stuff).

After 10 minutes exactly, they reduce to the taskbar on he desk top. the games just pause and never crash.............any ideas??? I can onlypick up any info you give in a few days, so hopefully someone can shed some light. I have re installed and changed driver on the video card, this helps for an hour and then it comes back :think:
ATB Trev

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: HELP!.................

Post by nigelb »

calypsos wrote:They say problems come at the same time. Last week I lost my internet (along with the whole village) and now I have a prblem with all things on my PC that use full screen (both Open GL and Direct x stuff).

After 10 minutes exactly, they reduce to the taskbar on he desk top. the games just pause and never crash.............any ideas??? I can onlypick up any info you give in a few days, so hopefully someone can shed some light. I have re installed and changed driver on the video card, this helps for an hour and then it comes back :think:
First thing I would check are the screen saver/hibernation settings. Right click on the desktop, select properties and check the Screensaver tab. Also click the "Power" button on the Screensaver tab and check that.

Just a WAG reall, but worth checking.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Thanks Nigel, it was a virus :shock: , I have bought a better anti virus programme that repaired things, so hopefully (as the Spanish have fixed my connection :-# ), all now seems OK :think:
ATB Trev

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Good, glad your all sorted!