CL-44 update?

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

ianhind wrote:There was a lot of interest on

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread ... 936&page=7

but it has all gone quiet. One guy is clearly keen to hear any info.

Also mentioned on that thread is G-BEPS Belfast being prepared to go to Australia as well. :dunno:
Hi Ian,

yes I noticed their comments on the forum. Would be nice to both fly out. :smile:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

There are other sources as well that say G-BEPS is to be restored to flying condition to join the other one already flying. It had been used as a spares donor

That though is more or a restoration...the Canadair had been stored as flying except they had to shut an engine down after the last flight.

Seems like something else has cropped up.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

RJP
Comet
Comet

Post by RJP »

I read (I think on PPRuNe) that it's expected to pass through the Middle East, I do hope through Bahrain :dance: (where I am at the moment)

Not sure how the CAA could have withdrawn the CofA of a foreign registered aircraft as they have no authority / mandate to do so.

Rgds
Richard
Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Chris, yes I know RP-C is Philippines reg I live there, what I was hoping to find out is why, the link below is to a thread in the Philippine Flight Sim Group of which I am a member asking the same question of why RP-C reg regarding a Short Belfast queried in that thread,

http://www.philskies.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9743
Rich

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Probably the closest flag of convenience country to Australia.

It has never been UK certified either and was transferred to Irish marks by Heavylift UK when they acquired it.

Garry
Garry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

The Phillipines are not customarily seen as a Flag of Convenience country, but it's possible that it was done for taxation operating advantage instead of convenience. While Australian registration prevents them from operating into certain countries (political issues), the Phillipine registration doesn't. It's kind of like US Registrations making it very difficult to get into some SE Asian countries unless the aircraft is flagged for and leased by a company operating in a country that allows operations in the desired country.

The other possibility as well is that the aircraft are owned by a bank in the Phillipines and that requires a Phillipino registration even though they're operated by a Australian company. Mexicana is a good example of this. The loan on all of their Airbuses is owned by a US Bank and part of the loan required the aircraft to be US registered.

BmiBaby737
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by BmiBaby737 »

Hey,

Im the photographer of the photo originally posted, and I've now heared that she has been grounded by both the airport and the caa.

She's not had any activity within the last few weeks, everythings gone awful quiet. She (I believe) has to move shortly to somewhere else on the airfield.

All rumours and none confirmed,

Bmi

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

BmiBaby737 wrote:Hey,

Im the photographer of the photo originally posted, and I've now heared that she has been grounded by both the airport and the caa.

She's not had any activity within the last few weeks, everythings gone awful quiet. She (I believe) has to move shortly to somewhere else on the airfield.

All rumours and none confirmed,

Bmi
Hi Bmi,

thanks for the update and photo mate. Hope you don't mind too much it being posted here.

Keep us up to speed will you?

ATB
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Bmi

Welcome aboard. :smile:

As Eddie says .anything you find out please post

Do you have any other nice pics we haven't seen? :smile:

Garry
Garry

BmiBaby737
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

re: CL-44

Post by BmiBaby737 »

Hey,
thanks for the update and photo mate. Hope you don't mind too much it being posted here.
If anything, Im pleased that you chose my photo to show!
Do you have any other nice pics we haven't seen?
Unfortuantly not, however if I do get any others if she moves, I'll be sure to host them on the internet and link to them from here.
Keep us up to speed will you?
anything you find out please post

If I hear anything I shall post :)

Bmi