2 Questions If i May

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Ian Warren
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ian Warren »

Super THANX for X or and 9 fix with the ground grubber :welldone: , another small ? .. I have tried to repaint .. Locked file for XH558 i guess ?
I would have prefer'd later release with all most models ... BUT always the way .. it was a must to get pre knowledge of a full package , ... mm come to think .. with the age of this little add on , ITS DOING VERY WELL ! :smile:

another ? .. SMOKE for X .. is there a file to get that REAL dirty :thumbsup: look .

Ian

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Gary.I looked at the CFG and it does actually say AVRO where you said,but still no appearance in FS9.I will look at this later as it will soon be time for 'HI HO HI HO it's off to work I go'.BTW I just love your British Midland repaint of DM's 1-11.Best Wishes EricT :smile:
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Eric..

Did you backup your original file?? If so, delete the [fltsim=0] section on Brian's fix then cut and paste your's in it's place. You'll then have all your original paints in situ and Brian's fix bunged on the end :wink: There were a couple of things that needed to be done to make it show again but I'm not on the right pc and can't remember what they were :roll: Texture was one but the other eludes me :dunno:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Where dose this Rolls Royce Olympus come from it was a Bristol design I think, as far as my thinking goes RR were all named after rivers, Greek names were Bristol engines. so now they should be renamed Rhine, Weser etc
UKVoodoo wrote:And imagine 8000 miles over sea in the dark to a tiny runway on an Island under war conditions must have felt, nothing could not describe it better than 4 Rolls Royce Olympus engines hammering my chest as I watch her leap into the sky again

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Myles »

Eric,

Is the "Title=" line unique? If it has the same title as an existing paint, then only the first will show. Also are the "Flightsim=" numbers sequential and unique? Finally, check the "texture=" line and confirm that the texture name is the same as the name of the texture folder it refers to.

Probably teaching you to suck eggs, but worth a shot!

Best,
Myles

UKVoodoo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by UKVoodoo »

@ Tomliner check in the cfg file the word next to sim= if its different from the .air file name that maybe why you cant see it in the drop-down menu

@Rich I see my error the Rolls-Royce/Snecma Olympus engines came from the Concorde engines which we're a development of the Bristol-Siddeley Olympus engines, not knowing a thing about engine manufacturers im afraid Ive been found out as a fake :wink:

Matt :thumbsup:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Eric..

My cfg file (and Brians .air file) are HERE

Throw the ones that don't work to a new place and drop these into your Vulcan folder :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Many thanks to you all for your replies.Just back from work and having a nice beer so maybe not a good idea to go furtling into files at the mo.I will certainly look at this tomorrow.Once again many thanks.What a great bunch you are.I might even dredge up another of my jokes as a thank you. :thumbsup: ATB EricT

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

All seems ok now,thanks.I ought to have taken printed copies of originals to ckeck for differences.She flies much better now although as I managed to do a spectacular crash while landing at EGNX I suspect some practice may now be called for.ATB EricT

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I still have the originals here Eric so if you want 'em.. just shout :wink:

My landings have improved to the enth degree but I'm not sure if that's because I'm any better than I used to be or if Brians tweek had anything to do with it. I'd like to think a bit of both :wink: This said.. I still dare not move the VC into a position where I can actually see the gauges nor can I use the 2D as the view out is so poor so it's Mk.1 eyeball and shift+Z all the way :lol:

ATB

ImageImage