Upcoming Spitfire V111 from Ed Walters............

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah.. for it is HE!! :lol:

Thks for that Ed :wink: The Lanc works fine in FSX 'as is' though both Ben and I can confirm it 'found' trim only twice in just over 5hrs recently :sad:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Sundog
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Sundog »

Regarding the Lanc for FSX, it's actually being updated with all of the knowledge that was learned from the Spit Development. In other words, if you like it now, you should love what the upgraded version will be. I don't want to get in what will have in terms of upgrades, because there's always what we want it to be and what gets done. Needless to say, I'm currently pushing gauge pixels around as part of the cockpit upgrade.

As for the P-51 discussion, my point was just that the early P-51's weren't dogs, it was all in how you used them, just like the Spit. Granted, it didn't fulfill the original role as set forth in the requirements, but it was still remarkable, none the less.

Also, although many people consider the P-51 a great "American" fighter, I consider it the first great Western "Collaboration" Fighter. I say that because it was engineered at N.A., to British requirements, and one of the most advanced features, the radiator using the Meredith effect, was also through the courtesy of British research. Also, IIRC, the Laminar flow airfoil made it's way to America by the way of Polish engineers that fled Poland.

Then as you guys pointed out, it was re-engined with the Merlin, which turned it into a great plane and then the U.S. pilots who flew it in Britain were finally able to convince the higher ups that this was a plane they couldn't afford to not buy.

The fact that it actually got produced is probably the most amazing feat of all. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in the history of the development of the P-51. I haven't had much time for leisure reading in awhile and as such, am only partly through it, but it;s be great so far.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Sundog..

Ah yes.. the Spitfire, a model I was involved with from the begining..
Image :shock: :shock:
I have many such shots scattered around this pc (I keep deleting them but keep finding more) :lol:

Coincidentally, I tried moving it onto the PC I now fly on and it continually CTD'd :sad: Can't remember the password for the review exe file either. Never mind.

EDIT..
Found what was causing the problem.. the Drop Tank gauge. It doesn't work on either pc now (not sure if it ever did on the release version.. it did on the betas) :roll:

ATB

ImageImage

Sundog
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Sundog »

I'll ask Ed to check in here. He did the gauges on it and the DT's work on my end. I keep thinking there was a problem with one of the gauges, but I think it related to the .net software on the PC needed to be the latest, but don't quote me on that.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo Sundog :smile:

Not sure about it being net framework as the version on my flying pc is the latest.. I had to have it to get NTweek (or whatever it's called) to work. However, I pulled a copy out of beta 4 and while this doesn't cause CTD's.. pressing the bomb release, pulling the tank release in VC or trying to untick 'Show Bomb Racks' using the shift+4 window doesn't work. No matter.. emptying the two external tanks gets rid of the visuals (with the exception of the rack) and emptying the RH tanks still allows the model to be flown :smile:

I can't be 100% sure now but I'm pretty certain all of the above worked in the 'final' version too (which I've since found) so whatever happened appears to have manifested itself inbetween the 'final' and 'release' versions. Ed sent the release version for me to look at as he'd had CTD reports from folk who'd bought it and had experienced CTD's when changing aircraft in 'spot' view.. something I never saw despite going up and down through the list a zillion times. Both net framework and FSUIPC have been updated since then so I'm guessing whatever combination did work then, doesn't now. Whatever.. I can fly it :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

panty
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by panty »

I'm not interested in FSX's Lancasters, but a lot in FS9 Spits!
A mark VIII from Plane Design?
And SOME Mk IX?
Just one question: when?
:smile: