Alpha Merlin RN model for FSX released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Alpha Merlin RN model for FSX released

Post by DaveB »

Hi Michael :)

I've since looked and there were only 2 paints in the original anyway so I lost one in with the new cfg (the two originals are SFOR and RIAT btw). An easy enough problem to sort ;-)

No mention of the rear ECM pod on the HM1 :think: :cpu:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

DB

can you clarify where the ecm pod is, and i can rattle out a new fix with this bit on

cheers

dc

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dave..

If you can see the hyperlink a couple of posts up (it takes you to RNAS Culdrose 60th Anniversary Air Day thread.. in the Gallery).. scroll down the early shots and you'll see the HM1. Right at the bottom of the empenage you can just see (well, see quite reasonably) a longish extension coming from it facing rearward. Difficult to say how long it is but I'll dig through my shots and phots here to see if I can find a better one for you ;-) I'd guess it has the same bits on it as were there before but it now protrudes out a fair way. I'll dig around and see what I can find for you ;-)

Tks VM btw. I hadn't moved the UKMIL HM1 off.. it's on this pc and not on the one I now fly on and yes.. it does fly very nicely thank you :cool:

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

DC/MD..

This is what I mean..

The HC3 has it too but it looks slightly different.. can't be certain though..

ATB

ImageImage

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Dave,

When l made the model ( 2005 ) there wasnt that much info around, it was a 50/50 call on whether that pod was fitted or even if it had sensors, l opted out and left it off.

Will l add it now ?, doubtful, the model is over three+ years old in places, its nice but better can be built these days, oddly the original Merlin model is even older and started out as a tweaking upgrade exercise which ended up as a total rebuild, l think the nose cone was the only original polys left, so there over five years old.

It looks like the pod is an operation extra added over the years, where does on draw the line at updating to real world modifications LOL, besides there are other factors that complicate updates.

Sorry about the missing cfg entries, those variants were added by castle Alphasim before shipping.....really must pay more care and attention and keep my files current LOL.

Best

Michael

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Dave,

Its the same pod on both versions, just that the RN variant has the actual sensors added, where as your RAF version hasnt, some still fly without the pod, probably transport hacks or test airframes.

I believe its part of the misslie threat system, l think the pods used to be mounted on the aft fuselage near the top above the sponsons, did l add them there on the HC.3 ?, cant recall to be honest, dont think the HM.1 carried them there at all, but it looks like the sensor has moved around a bit.

Best

Michael

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Michael,

Yup.. I used the term 'ECM' as a generic and would agree that they are probably to do with a missile threat system. The HM1 shots were taken a few weeks ago and the HC3 from 2005 (the aircraft is from Benson). Oddly enough, it is visible on the HC3 model so I guess it must have moved over time on the HM1 and is why it's not present :)
EDIT..
DC, the does appear to be some sort of array on the back of your model.. looks like that setup has been updated ;-)
ATB

ImageImage

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

I'm so lost.. if I'm cutting my downwind and just coming in late, ignore me!

The FSX cfg's are from your links Mickoo.. I figured we'd best have the latest stuff with the updates. They have the top sections fixed for FSX (and in the HC.3's case, fixed so that liveries display), and they have camera views.

KR
Dan.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well Dan.. that's me lost too! :lol: Does that mean Mickoo's links are FSX and not FS9 or are they cunningly one and the same :think:

ATB

ImageImage

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

Hi Dave!

I see you've already seen this post: http://www.alphasim3.com/forums/index.php?topic=4938.0

But that has what I thought were the latest flight models for FS9\ FSX. Both files from that link are slightly ammended for FSX and included in the HC.3\ HM1 FSX package.

KR
Dan.