Alphasim Heinkel 111 released.

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Alphasim Heinkel 111 released.

Post by DaveB »

Darn it.. NOW I find out :'(

:lol: :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Ian Warren
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ian Warren »

NO HESITATION ! tonka 111 absolutely brilliant ! :dance:

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I forgot about that groundcrew He 111 too Dave, it is really a CFS2 model, so does not stand up to the detailing of this one.
ATB Trev

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

A small update has been released at Alphasim, to address some of the comments about the lack of power.

Also, they have been listening to you Trev, as Phil has announced that they will be introducing a 'Lite' range (why they can't spell it "light" I never know) keep a level of affordability.

Andy

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

calypsos wrote:I forgot about that groundcrew He 111 too Dave, it is really a CFS2 model, so does not stand up to the detailing of this one.
That's true Trev, but considering the age (mdl file dated 2002) it's not bad. Just giving people an alternative ;-)
Their bf110 is pretty nice too. Works fine in FSX is you swap out some gauges.
Dave G.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

sssssshhhhhhh, Dave, I was trying to make Dave B feel a little better about his purchase ;-) :lol: :lol:
ATB Trev

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

The III is one of my favorite aircraft and I'm still flying (a much modified version) the Ground Crew plane. However much as I want to give Phil my 60 $NZ I cannot get past "confirm Order" I've been trying on and off for a couple of days now. Phil says this sometimes happens and they don't know why. Anyone out there encountered this problem? I've emptied temp folders and cookies etc but still no luck. I use AVG free anti-virus and Windows Defender fire wall with Ie6.

Cheers,

Roger.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Roger :)

I have had this problem too but have managed to battle through. I've generally found you'll see it when the server is busy. Hang in there and you'll get through.. Phil's never been one to turn money away :lol:

The versions up on site for download already carry the latest patches so don't worry about downloading them again off the Alpha forum. Be aware of the fuelburn Roger. Leave it to it's own devices and it'll empty one of the outboard tanks before the other leaving you fighting an ever increasing swing to the left ;-) Spent the afternoon doing bombing runs on Jersey in it :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

Mickey D
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Mickey D »

AndyG wrote:A small update has been released at Alphasim, to address some of the comments about the lack of power.

Also, they have been listening to you Trev, as Phil has announced that they will be introducing a 'Lite' range (why they can't spell it "light" I never know) keep a level of affordability.

Andy
Ah ha you haf spotted ze clue ja! It is all part off ze re-edukashan program please to read below ja?

Good news for the unification of Europe!

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU rather than German which was the other possibility.
As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5 year phase-in plan that would be known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the"k". This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have 1 less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be ekspekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e"s in the language is disgraseful, and they should go away. By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with"z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters. After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru! And zen ve vil tak
over ze Vorld!

Hehe I jest.......................or do I? :think:
Mickey D
Team SDB Scenery Bloke

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That man is completely bonkers! :lol:

An update on the misfortunes of the He111 for you..
I bet Phil would like to wake up wishing the He111 had never happened as numerous errors have since been highlighted.. so many that this response was posted by Shane yesterday evening..
There's also a modification in the works for the flight model, it will be released with the gauge fix. Here's what you can expect:

-Adjusted contact point footprint for better braking
-Adjusted center-of-gravity and balance
-Adjusted engine performance
---> Increased gear reduction ratio on the prop
---> Low idle manifold pressure for faster deceleration in the air and on the ground
---> Change to supercharger rated altitude for high-altitude performance
-Easier engine starting
---> Lower friction HP ratings on the crankshaft, tested in FS9 and FSX with 100% start ability on fully-charged battery
-Starter_2 added in electrical section
-Flap table fixed and now shows sequential entries
-Adjusted load section so that the aircraft is no longer overweight on startup
-Aircraft now has slight nose-down tendency for entire flight regime making trim adjustments easy
-Tail lifts off the runway sooner allowing for more precise takeoffs at max weight
-Slightly faster acceleration in the air

Please be patient. :-)
To be fair, a number of the 'names' over at Alpha have been very helpful and I know from comments made over there that mucho scratching of heads has gone on behind closed doors. Unsurprisingly, no one is owning up to having been on the beta team!! :lol: Regardless.. this release is, surprisingly for me, my favourite Alpha model and I've already clocked up more hours in it than any other model I can remember buying. With the changes listed above, it will (I hope) be what the original should have been ;-) I love it as it is now but would advise those of you with a burning card in your pocket to hang on until the patch.. unless of course you can't wait that long and in which case, I'll be happy to guide you through a couple of issues that need to be sorted before you take to the air.

Will update you when the patch is released ;-)

ATB

ImageImage