Across Africa in the DC3

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Across Africa in the DC3

Post by jonesey2k »

Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Javis
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Javis »

gevers1 wrote: It's a shame the VC isn't completely functional
We thought exactly the same and already more than a year ago ( maybe two, i've lost track.... :dunno: ) i have made the VC fully functional,i.e. just about everything is clickable. You probabely must've missed the latest C-47 upgrade packages ?..... Free to grab overhere :

http://www.maam.org/maam_sim.html

Cheers,
Jan Visser
Maam-Sim

gevers1
Viscount
Viscount

Post by gevers1 »

Javis wrote:
gevers1 wrote: It's a shame the VC isn't completely functional
We thought exactly the same and already more than a year ago ( maybe two, i've lost track.... :dunno: ) i have made the VC fully functional,i.e. just about everything is clickable. You probabely must've missed the latest C-47 upgrade packages ?..... Free to grab overhere :

http://www.maam.org/maam_sim.html

Cheers,
Jan Visser
Maam-Sim
Dag Jan, congrats on a top-notch addon. I've got the downloaded version, does that have your update on it?

**edit** ignore that, yes they're on that - I mainly fly the dc-3 cargo and passenger versions. There's so much to explore i've not had a change to fly the C-47 variants yet. Quite a lot is indeed clickable, I guess I mean things like the throttles, fuel tanks and in particular the overhead panel etc which don't appear to be. Sorry if this sounds very n00bish, I'm sure you get asked this a lot.

/bas@amstelveen

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I too am the proud owner of the MAAM DC-3. If you're going to have a civil aviation flight sim the DC-3 is is just about essential, and they don't come any better than the MAAM one. And the money goes to keep the real one in good nick, so its a win-win situation.

Javis
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Javis »

gevers1 wrote:Quite a lot is indeed clickable, I guess I mean things like the throttles, fuel tanks and in particular the overhead panel etc which don't appear to be.

Hoi Bas, sorry for the late reply, lost track of the thread..

VC throttles, prop pitch, mixture, carb heat, fuel tanks, trim wheel and cranks, tailwheel lock, pbrake, flaps, gear, cowl flaps, comm and magneto switches, etc and what not are all click- and workable as are most switches on the OH ( can start her up from within the VC ). VC radio's are still inoperative but that's about it when it comes to mousing around the VC. What you need is the so called 'All Theaters' R4D and C-47 upgrade pack. Might be a little hard to find between the myriad of free Dakota upgrades/repaints so here's a direct download for you to click on ( to stay on topic :) )

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?L ... DLID=88199

There's a lotta new stuff both in the external and internal model as well.

Go get it, it's free and all. :cool:

Cheers,
Jan

gevers1
Viscount
Viscount

Post by gevers1 »

Alvast bedankt Jan,

I have the downloaded version so i suspect i may already have these files installed. Again, i generally only fly the passenger and cargo versions so I may well have missed the working VC. I cant wait to fire up the DC3 again this evening to try it out.

Just in case though, I'll download the patch and install it anyway. I take it no harm will be done?

/s.

gevers1
Viscount
Viscount

Post by gevers1 »

Hoi Bas, sorry for the late reply, lost track of the thread..

VC throttles, prop pitch, mixture, carb heat, fuel tanks, trim wheel and cranks, tailwheel lock, pbrake, flaps, gear, cowl flaps, comm and magneto switches, etc and what not are all click- and workable as are most switches on the OH ( can start her up from within the VC ).

Cheers,
Jan
Jan, I downloaded the file you linked and installed it but still none of the things that you mention above are clickable via the VC. It's late and I've had a long day so I'm probably doing something wrong, so just to recap

1 - i bought the download version from MAAM's site (about a month or so ago)
2 - all the a/c mentioned in the 'All Theaters' R4D and C-47 upgrade pack' I already had
3 - i downloaded your link and installed it and tried all of the various a/c there are (and there's quite a few :) ) but I just cant seem to get it to work properly.

help!
/bas

gevers1
Viscount
Viscount

Post by gevers1 »

Nevermind, got it working now! An excellent product just got more excellent.

P3_Super_Bee
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by P3_Super_Bee »

Haven't posted here, but thought I'd put this out for this thread...

Springbok Flying Safaris out of the Rand AIrport near Johannesburg. Actually does DC-3 Safaris, as well as with the DC-6.

Another plus?? There is a repaint of the Sprinkbok DC-3 for the MAAM-SIM DC-3... Its over at AVSIM, search Heather Sherman, she's the artist. There is also a group(Aeroworx) that does some pretty good scenery packages for South Africa, also all available from AVSIM.
Jeff Frey
Honolulu, Hawaii

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Hi Jeff and wellcome, are you going to be a regular visitor now.

Rich
Rich