Close call

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Close call

Post by Chris Trott »

If the "most obvious answer is the most likely" as it has been said in the past, I'm going to guess that someone left tape or something that causes a blockage on one of the pitot tubes. That's about the only way you can get a discrepancy anymore.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

or it could have been that a bird pooed and it went right up the tube

:dunno:
But I can't back that up or anything

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Chris

As the aircraft was coming out of heavy maintenance your mostly likely in the correct track - Trying to remember whose
757 crashed into the Pacific off Lima for the same reason - for those who are interested we have a policy of posting
a sign that says "Wash precautions" over the throttles at work - and again the Dxr on duty enters a notation on the flight
release that says "wash precautions check static system" - of course if it was anything like Florida - you could always blame
dirt daubers. :)

Leif

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Leif, that was what prompted me to run that track on the thinking. I can't remember the name of the airline either so I didn't post it. I know that Frontier did a pretty substantial check of the Pitot-Static systems on their aircraft after maintenance. It sucked to have to be under the wing doing the fuel zeroing tasks while they were up front with the air pumps and vaccuum pumps testing the systems because I couldn't hear what the guys were trying to yell at me from the window and they never had headsets around when we needed them so I could plug into the jack next to the fuel panel and we could just use the interphone.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

airboatr wrote:or it could have been that a bird pooed and it went right up the tube

:dunno:
But I can't back that up or anything

Kinda like a "poop-chute" them? :think: :dunno:

(with the fine words of Frank Zappa, God bless him)
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?