AlphaSim Hunter pics

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: AlphaSim Hunter pics

Post by DaveB »

TksVM for that Peter ;-)

Just had a look at the panel shots over at Alpha and I see what you mean. Is there really a blank where the RPM should be :think:

Anyway.. plastic breathes sigh of relief (again) ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Kofi
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Kofi »

Here's a few shots for anyone who's interested - My primary purchase reasons were for FSX; :cool: however these shots are in FS2004...

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Thanks for sharing your pics, Kofi. :)

Brian

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Thanks for those shots, it looks like the contact points are a little out on the black 111 sqn F6 (is she about 2 inches off the ground), but (from the angle of the shot), the FGA9 looks better. It could be an optical illusion.
I can see why the FSX crowd would want this, however the price is too high for me in FS9, as I have about 20 odd single-seat variants plus the 2 seaters to play with. If it had come out as 'lite' version (FS9 and one paint job) for 10 quid, I might have been interested, but not at 23 quid for an FSX/FS9 version- half of which I will not use for some time, if ever.

I think we do owe Phil and Dan a pat on the back for doing this model, I have counted a number of rivets (and other things) that are not quite correct but it will pass muster for most users outside of us few purists here :-# . However, if it gets some new young (probably American) FSX simmers into the heritage of British classics, it has done a good job. Anything to stop the cries of 'please make an F-16 Block 23B' or whatever. I hope it sells well, I would pay good money for a new Buccaneer!
ATB Trev

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

If I was a big fan of the Hunter and DG's wasn't around, I would definitely buy this, price and informal reviews notwithstanding. The cost has to be measured against how much you want that particular type of aircraft in your collection. I won't be buying it, not because of its price, but because it falls into a category of aircraft that I don't much enjoy in FS.

Now if A/S were to produce a B-29 ( and who knows, they might ), or a Lincoln, or an updated Halifax, I would pay the Hunter's price and more. I don't think I could resist any of them, no matter what they cost. :)

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

or a Lincoln
Now that is something that I would pay 23 quid for! I have never seen one in MSFS ever!
ATB Trev

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Heres one here Trev.....

http://www.planesimulation.com/fsdownloads4/FS2a9x6.htm

Near the bottom......not sure if its any good though....?

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Thanks Tony, I had forgotten about that one! :brick: It's FS2002 so no props showing I am afraid :'(
ATB Trev

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

.. or main gear probably. You'll have to keep it in the air and fly at night (which is what bombers did anyway) :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

For those who are interested in the accuracy of Dave G's Hunter, Peter was not the only ex-Hunter pilot to commend the realistic flight model.

The picture below shows Dave G's Hunter being 'flown' by none other the 'Mr Hunter' himself, the late, great S/L Neville Duke.....beat that for product endorsement Alphasim :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Here is Peter and Dave G himself prior to meeting the great man, not sure why Peter is wearing a baloon....blame the photographer :$ The real World record breaking Hunter F3 is in the background.

ATB Trev