Percival Bird

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Re: Percival Bird

Post by T6flyer »

I'm due to have a flight in the Vega Gull sometime this year, so will of course take my camera along and get some more photos. Think my first opportunity will be at G-VFWE at Hullavington.

Martin

Bridon Bear
The Ministry

Post by Bridon Bear »

That's the spirit Martin......before you go though. get in touch with Jan and see exactly what he requires in particular. Opportunities such as yours are very rare so a documented photo shoot on the subject may be all that Jan needs......apart from his time of course.....I hear he is currently working 8 days a week!!!

Regards.

Bridon Bear

'Only Birds and Fools Fly'

http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

Bridon Bear wrote:That's the spirit Martin......before you go though. get in touch with Jan and see exactly what he requires in particular. Opportunities such as yours are very rare so a documented photo shoot on the subject may be all that Jan needs......apart from his time of course.....I hear he is currently working 8 days a week!!!

Regards.

Bridon Bear
Of course I will.....its no point taking photos of something that already has been documented. I did have a large amount of Vega Gull material but donated to the owner a few years ago. Oh well....least the photos will assist. G-VFWE is in May, so not that a wait!

Martin

CometFlyer
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by CometFlyer »

Wow !
That Vega Gull looks terrific !
Not exaclty what I was after but definetely something to look forward to.
Percival designed some great GA aircraft and I would love to have as many as possible in FS9.
Wasn't the Pembroke an "Hunting Percival" design as well ? Well, here we go: another one of my favourites since my good old plane spotters days at RAF Wildenrath in Germany.

And I certainly don't mind the funny diversions in the thread regarding "real" birds........That's one of the reasons why I like this forum.

Cheers

Helmut

CometFlyer
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by CometFlyer »

Regarding that Museum in Brussels:
it is a mgnificent place with a great collection of aircraft in a wonderful building close to the city center.
Their collection of WW1 aircraft is phantastic !
Unfortunately this building is in urgent need of refurbishment and the management of the museum are trying hard to resolve the problems.
Obtaining funds is very difficult today as there is an ongoing political crisis in Belgium and anything might happen either very soon or never.
So I can only recommend going there as soon as possible, but not without checking with them befor you go.

Helmut