RealAir Spitfire for FSX

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Re: RealAir Spitfire for FSX

Post by Trev Clark »

I am not sure if the FS9 version is still on sale, but that always did have the most amazing 'feel' of actually flying. The Sibwings SAAB, Real SM260 and a few others came close (like the Skysim Vixen), but the Mk14 was the best. I can only imagine what they have done here :o .

A small consolation for FS9 users, the FD guru that did the Spit has re-worked Jan Visser's upcoming F-86 Sabre, so we will have something to look forward to as well...and it will free!!!!
ATB Trev

Viper
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Viper »

Hi...

Got me a new computer last week and finally installed FSX including the Acceleration Pack. I get framerates between 20 and 50 with sliders almost ALL to max.
So I'm a happy guy now...

Being a Spit fan, owning the FS2004 Realair Spit, I just bought, downloaded and installed the FSX Upgrade for the RealAir Spit.
Can't say anything about the flight dynamics, cause I've never flown a real spit, but to me it's superb.
And the exteriors are really breathtaking.

Saw one little flaw, though.
Being from the Netherlands, I of course chose the 3W-17 to fly and noticed that on the left upperwing and the right underwing, the red and blue in the national markings are switched.
For all roundels it has to be, rotating clockwise, red on the right, white below and blue on the left with the orange dot in the middle.
Too bad that RealAir has this wrong...
But who knows, maybe they will correct this...

Grtz.
Johan "Viper" Lemmers
the Netherlands.
tonka
Johan "VIPER" Lemmers
the Netherlands

Mike D
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Mike D »

If you are thinking of getting this you might want to check out http://www.play.com - I seethat they will shortly be in stock of the CD version at a useful discount. Just ordered mine from there.

Mike D

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

I've just picked this up and am suitably impressed, the only thing that I find a little lacking is the sound package, it doesn't seem to have any bass or oomph. I don't suppose anyone can suggest suitable Merlin and Griffon freeware replacements?

panty
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by panty »

It looks fantastic, but it's only for FSX!
Still waiting a mark IX for FS2004. :-(

RobDob
Trident
Trident

Post by RobDob »

I've got it and the engine sounds pretty good to me, admittedly I have a sub-woofer attached so that helps. Externally, when in fly-past view, it sounds very authentic as it passes. A fantastic model, the best payware for FSX so far IMHO. :dancer:

Jetstreamsky
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Jetstreamsky »

The sound when it's flown past your viewpoint is wonderful, but the approach phase really doesn't cut it, it sounds like an old style computer car racing game engine effect, I'd be very happy to have an improved sound file for that part.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

I have taken the liberty of removing flypast view from the view cycle so the only views I see when I toggle the S key are internal from the VC and external from spot view, and it is mostly in spot view that I find it a bit lacking in oomph and growl.

whiskylima
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by whiskylima »

If anyone has a problem with the sound, you need a better soundcard or speaker system. Mine's brilliant, ask the neighbours!!! :dancer: