TrackIR 4Pro?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: TrackIR 4Pro?

Post by Paul K »

I never actually set mine up. Quite literally , I took it out of the box, installed the software, found a hat to fit the clip to, and fired up IL2 to see what happened. It worked perfectly from the start. I've never had to do any tweaking except pressing the Centre key occasionally when it got out of whack.

Town
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Town »

The Track IR is a very good product. There is 1 main caveat though that no one seems to mention. It MUST be used in subdued lighting. So if you fly during daylight hours with your system set up in the conservatory forget it. And if flying in said subdued light then the other thing that becomes incredibly useful is a backlit keyboard.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

i bet it works good when it in the right enviroment , but the hassle of wearing something is the straw on the isSue.
too restrictive.
plus I use a laptop to view charts and live weather off to the side , so every time I look away the view would be all cocked up.

the mouse view works pretty sweet with some adj to the pan rate
and the X52 throttle lends itself to that , lock on the mouse with the thumb button and slip my thumb down a few inches
and Im panning like a gold :roll: miner
the eye movement is controlled with the throttle tophat ,so

easy enough to peek over my shoulder

probably won't help but there ya go.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Town wrote:The Track IR is a very good product. There is 1 main caveat though that no one seems to mention. It MUST be used in subdued lighting. So if you fly during daylight hours with your system set up in the conservatory forget it. And if flying in said subdued light then the other thing that becomes incredibly useful is a backlit keyboard.
I can see a conservatory with lots of glass being a bit of a problem but I can fly in daylight or with a regular ceiling mounted room light on and my TIR behaves itself for the most part. I only ever get problems with daylight if the sun is shining onto the glass door of the entertainment centre which is located in the next 'room' and is in direct line of sight with my TIR unit. In that case I simply close the blinds on the living room window and that solves the problem, the blinds can be open in the room I am in and it has no effect. Regarding lights the only one that causes me a problem is the one in the kitchen which also happens to be in direct line of sight. If someone turns that light on when I am flying the sensor gets confused and movement becomes very erratic. 'Open plan' layouts can be a pain at times but I have a set of floor to ceiling curtains that act as a room divider behind me so if things get bad I can also close those enough to block out the offending light source and I am good to go again. TIR only has a problem with strong light sources (and particularly pin point light) that are within it's rather narrow field of view and diffused light, no matter how strong, has no effect at all.
Larry

Ben_Brook
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ben_Brook »

Hi

I don't seem to have had any of the problems with set-up or lighting as mentioned above - lucky I guess... Just one tip for users with the Track Clip Pro clamped to a headset:
I have found that when using the Track Clip Pro on the left hand side of the headset as recommended, head turns were sometimes very vague, i.e. no full left or right turns..
If you push the long arm of the clip (bottom) so that it rests against your chin/cheek then the response of the system is much improved.
Works for me ... WLTHFSIIW (Would Like To Hear From Someone If It Works) ..(See what I did there?) :)

Bye for now