F-86 Sabre update

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: F-86 Sabre update

Post by petermcleland »

calypsos wrote:Kikko, unless you retract your undercarriage before reaching 185kts IAS (easily done with a light load), your hydraulics will fail. To get the gear down, bounce it off the runway :o :o and it comes down locked! There may be an emergency air bottle method, but I have yet to find it!
Trev,

There is a Red Button above the normal gear handle and it is labelled EMERG GEAR.

Read up ITEM 52 in the "f86ef_ref.htm" file.

BTW I have added those 14 pages to my manual.

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

Thanks Trev and Peter :dancer:

Those 14 pages seems indispensable, now I'll print them:)

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

One small thing I have not found how to do, is remove the pilot from the cockpit...My ground power yellow machine rumbles away nicely, but how do you get the pilot to get out and leave his parachute on the wing? :dunno:

I'm loving this machine...Done one short flight but spent the rest of the day sitting in this fantastic cockpit and going through the use of every switch...Quite wonderful and very noisy with the ground power grinding away and all the advanced AIBlast of a normal day at my base :dancer:

OK...Solved that one by going "Cold & Dark" :flying:

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

Been looking forward to this, downloading as we speak. Avsim must be experiencing some heavy downloading, at 12kb/s I'll be here until tomorrow morning downloading this, but it'll be worth it! :roll: :lol:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

It's up on Flightsim.com as well.
Dave G.

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Ack!

Should've looked, I was just being lazy and d/l it from the info on the page. Ah well 63 percent now, may as well read the flight manual.

Thanks for the HU.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

What a stunning model! The attention to detail is incredible. Thank you so much, Jan and the team. It's simply amazing. The 3d cockpit has exactly the same detail and resolution as the 2D! Quite extraordinary. I can't imagine how many hours of work has gone into this model.

I'd like to say I'm speechless - but I'm obviously not!

I did one successful flight after a quick scan of the manual and just kept replaying it to see it from all angles. I shall definitely put a few hours aside to read it properly and explore the cockpit detail. Wow!

Ian Image

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Well it looks nice but I've yet to work out how to start the engine!

I've done everything that the manual and checklists say (as far as I can see) and everytime I push the start button the fire warning lights go mad?

Anyone know what I've done wrong (FS2004 by the way)

Thanks in advance!

James.

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

Same with me James. The exhaust temp goes off the gauge and the fire warnings start.
It'll be something i've missed no doubt

Steve

ianjenm
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ianjenm »

In reference to engine starting, the throttle has to be at fuel cutoff before the start sequence. Bring up the throttle panel and drag the throttle back to the fuel cutoff position (as far down as it will go) by using the mouse on the throttle. Or use ctrl+shift+F1 or whatever key assignment you have for fuel cutoff. Commence the start sequence as per the manual and then when the engine spools up above 3-5% advance the throttle to about halfway between the fuel cutoff and idle position. Do this by using the mouse and dragging the throttle, if you use a joystick throttle slider it will advance the throttle too far as the slider will only move the throttle between idle and full throttle. Using the joystick slider on initial startup seems to overfuel the engine and cause it to overheat. When the engine catches then you can advance the throttle to just above the idle position using the joystick slider but keep an eye on the EGT.

Hope this helps

regards, Ian.