Tiger Moth V Cow

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Tiger Moth V Cow

Post by delticbob »

Jon.M wrote:But what about the cow? :worried: :worried:

Jon
She's making the tea !! :$

Do any of you recall Top Gear a series or two back when Jeremy Clarkson got a cow strapped to the roof of his car....road kill :worried:

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Has Maccie D's be informed...?

OK i'll get my coat.....

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

[quote="delticbob]

Do any of you recall Top Gear a series or two back when Jeremy Clarkson got a cow strapped to the roof of his car....road kill :worried:

Bob[/quote]

I certainly do - that was on the rental car trip they all took from Miami to New Orleans and I thought it was one of the funniest episodes ever. I think Jeremy found the cow somewhere in Alabama. I really liked the slogans they painted on their cars - "Hillary for President," NASCAR sucks," "Country music is rubbish" and so on - in the deep South! Stigg's American cousin was another highlight. :lol:

Nigel²

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

Sorry if this thread seems to be 'steer'ing away from the main 'meat'....cow v T moth.

I trawled the interweb for top gear video of the cow business but the BBC copyright police have had it all removed... best I can offer is this still http://subrevolt.com/blog/wp-content/up ... n-Roof.jpg of offending beast.

Still, the video of the other top gear challenges & other hilarious TG offerings are available from the TG website.

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

I have resuscitated this thread because I find that I have to eat my words. This was not a fake, the mishap having happened at Dunkeswell on 14.9.2008. Forthunately, the cow suffered no injury, but sadly the Tiger was quite badly damaged

Happy Christmas to all

Chris

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

have resuscitated this thread because I find that I have to eat my words
Hi Chris, I think we all have at some point had to do that and for any-one to admit mistakes or appologise for anything said can only command respect for their sincerity and honesty from others.

BTW, so pleased to hear that the cow did not end up on some-ones' dinner plate!! :lol:

PS. Hope you had a good Christmas. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Prop Jockey
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Prop Jockey »

Hi Chris - yes I was also sceptical - but then I came across the reference in the GAOs that Martin posted earlier. Nice to hear the cow was non the worse for its brush with general aviation. Shame the Tiger was quite badly damaged - although had it been a foot or two lower .........................

So while munchinhg on this spoon of humble pie, I guess I should extend my congratulations to P1, for a wonderfully executed EFATO. What a great story to dine out on too :-) 'There I was, in my Tiger, and I'd just hit this cow................'

Great Stuff :welldone:

Rich

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

I guess I will also join you gents at the table

In retrospect the gent flying showed a lot of cool and skill after damaging the Tiger

Leif

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Thought I'd raise this one last time.

The incident is reported in the February 2009 edition of Pilot in Safety Matters, p74. EFATO was caused by corrosion debris in the carburettor float bowl and this is believed to have caused the engine to lose power.

The cow was uninjured, the only casualty being the Tiger Moth.

Allan

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Normally for carb problems it is ice. Would that have made the conditions Frisian!

Yes I read the article in Pilot. I think that is the best section and 'I LAFFT'
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman