HDTV's

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Re: HDTV's

Post by forthbridge »

Nigel H-J wrote:If I were to connect the computer to the TV I know what the response from the wife would be!!..........Image

Nigel.
:lol: :lol:
Yup.... :lol:
Jim

Captain Pugwash
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Captain Pugwash »

having changed my work from Bell canada ( telephone ) to now work as a contractor for cable, tv/internet/telephone services ( rogers). i have seen many full size hdtv's being used as computer screens. i must say at first i would ask the customer where they actually watching HD TV programs. then to be told no it was from the computer games. Then i would have to pick up my bottom lip as it was dragging on the floor.
But here's where you have to be very careful of what your buying, not all HDTV's are the same. a no name brand can be the same 1080i as can a named brand but each are light years away from each other on quality. the top brand that i see and work with is the sharp brand. the picture quality and colour rendition is outstanding. The down side is the cost, then again the old saying is you get what you pay for. The last point is don't go too large with the screen, you might be thinking larger the screen the better. Well it comes to a point that your just to close to the screen and the lcd spots start to effect your vision of what's on the screen. just my observations of the few months installing hd box's and internet products for customers over the last 6 months. we as tech's have to prove the systems before leaving the customers homes and it still takes my breath away when you have a perfect set up.

ps out of all the new tv's
1. lcd best
2 . plasma not to bad in the shade
3 . projection. have to be in total dark to get best picture quality
hope this helps info helps.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I think this pretty much applies to all 'electronic' devices Dave and is not isolated to HDTV's. While it's not always true 'you get what you pay for'.. if you pay well under the odds for something 'spec for spec' branded down the food chain, it would be naive to be disappointed if what you get isn't the equivallent quality of something 4 times the price ;-) An example.. you see a Sony 'Micro' Hi-Fi for £200 and you see a Bush 'Micro' Hi-Fi for £50. Bush don't advertise the constant 'hum' and neither do Sony. The difference is, you don't get it on the Sony.. you do on the Bush ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Heh, I don't just have it connected to my computer, I have it plugged into a Virgin+ box and a Panasonic Blu-Ray player via an Onkyo SR606 and a set of Tannoy's in 5.1 flavour :)
I'm sitting far enough away that the pixel pitch looks the same (if not sharper) then my WSXGA+ computer monitor but close enough to read fine text perfectly fine :)
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.