Nightbomber film.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Nightbomber film.

Post by Paul K »

This film was mentioned on another forum too. Is it the one that was shot by the station commander at the time ? ( At least I think it was the commander...senior officer there, anyway ).

Lancman
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Lancman »

I joined Cyprus Airways from the RAF in 1979, on 707s. But soon went trotting round the Middle East - Beirut for 6 years (the family stayed in Cyprus) and then Bahrain for 7 before retiring to here in 1993. My interest in the Lancaster is that I flew them in the early 50s, after people had stopped shooting at them :) My elder brother, also a Flight Engineer, was well into his second tour on Lancs when the war ended. So we have a family interest.
Meddle first, understand later.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ahhh.. excellent :rock:

Have you always had Cyprus as your 'location' on here or have I had 'another' memory twitch :think: :lol: I usually notice small detail like that (don't ask me why.. I suppose it's nice to see where folk are speaking from) but it could just be that my 2 braincells have been falling out again and giving my fingers duff info as a consequence :lol:

Were the Lancs still Lancs when you got to them?? I guess they were as the RAF didn't have Lancastrians did they :roll: :brick:

As you say, this film will have a special interest for you and onboard footage like that is very rare. A great find and tks again for highlighting it :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Erick_Cantu
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Erick_Cantu »

All I have to say is 'wow.' Great film!
Can't be arsed.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Thanks for the HU, Lancman. I found it very informative. Makes you really appreciate what those guys did - they certainly earned their tea with rum and eggs and bacon breakfasts!

Nigel²