Freeview retune..

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Re: Freeview retune..

Post by Trev Clark »

I was going to re-tune my Mother's freeview box this weekend, but with the BTCC final being on Sunday, I now think I might do it Monday morning (just before I fly back to Spain) instead!!! We have a SKY issue in Spain at present, I got a message to apply for a new card (popping up every 30 minutes!!) so, until I pick up the new card I have no C5 or things like Channel 4 plus 1 (handy to have here). I just hope the new card gets me back to where I have been for the past 3 years....progress!!!
ATB Trev

Prop Jockey
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Prop Jockey »

Ok so my master plan went TU when I switched on ITV4 when i got home and found its now just a black screen :doh:

So I bit the bullet and re-tuned ................................. and the result ? .................................

Can I record anything for you Dave ? :hide:

Cheers

Rich

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a kind offer mate but ideally.. I'd need streaming video. With the exception of Ch4 at 6pm (The Simpsons) and the odd smattering of Ch5 (NCIS, CSI (various) Law and Order (various).. ITV4 was the channel I watched most. SWMBO just about got it on the set in the living room but that would mean me moving out of the toyroom and I doubt she'd let me interrupt her afternoon viewing anyway leaving neither option viable :lol: Virgin1 isn't going to be much better with Star Trek's Voyager and DS9 either as they're just about to finish (the end of this week I think.. especially DS9 which is the end of the series). I'll just have to find something else to do while I'm flying. Sleep sounds good :cpu:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

Hi Dave.
Have you found any info on why people have lost ITV4?
It's a bit annoying

EDIT. Sorry just read back and seen your post. I feel quite honoured to be a 1 percenter :)

Steve

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Steve..

Yes.. there is that. I now know someone else who can't get ITV4 and so do you :lol: Just had a rush of sh1t to the brain and looked online. Bless my soul.. you can catch up or watch it live online :rock: It's gonna make simming and watching the tv on the same monitor difficult mind you! :|

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Sl4yer
Trident
Trident

Post by Sl4yer »

DaveB wrote:Yes mate.. I'd forgotten about that. Though you can get HD on freesat, I don't think it's migrated to freeview yet so for those who already have HD capable kit, they'll be quids in without having to fork out any extra..
Unfortunately Dave, Freeview HD will require new decoding equipment which isn't available anywhere in the country at the moment. The standard has not long been agreed, and it will use Mpeg 4 instead of the current Mpeg 2 system. I'm amazed that retailers (and manufacturers too I suppose) aren't making this clear. [Actually, maybe I'm not so amazed...]

James

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

A good point and well made. I wasn't aware of it though to be honest.. the only HD I have around here are Hard Drives so my disappointment is slightly less :|

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage