DC-2 X released!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Roger
Comet
Comet

Re: DC-2 X released!

Post by Roger »

Fs9 was nice but it's at least 5 years old now. I applaud the Uiver team for taking the time, working for nothing other than the support of the real Uiver for two years now to produce an FsX native model to be enjoyed in the glory of FsX.

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Who produces the Amsterdam airport scenery and what are you flying over. Looks pretty cool.

BTW what do the engines sound like? Does it sound like a lumbering DC2?

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I am I alone in wishing that the museum had a Vickers Viking it wanted help keeping airborne :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stunning looking model! :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:
ATB Trev

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No.. no you're not! :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Me three :D

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Ferror
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ferror »

DogTailRed2 wrote:Who produces the Amsterdam airport scenery and what are you flying over. Looks pretty cool.

BTW what do the engines sound like? Does it sound like a lumbering DC2?
The 'Amsterdam' scenery is Aerosoft's Lelystad X; http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ib ... wd,,D11164

The Aviodrome museum that owns the DC-2 is located there, and on their terrain they have a full size replica of the 1928 Schiphol building that was built for the '28 olympics, but sadly destroyed when the Germans bombed the field in May 1940. In the 'reflections' in the windows you can just see the DH Dove of Martin's Air Charter and the Nimrod simulator.

And yes, it sounds exactly like the real thing. :tunes:

:)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

The more I look at this DC-2, the more I like it. I see a bare metal template is available, so I can easily create a 'Kirkland Aero Services' livery and logo for Air Hauler. And the aircraft featured in 'Fate is the Hunter' which I've just read, so all in all, I think its going to be irresistible.

Excellent stuff ! Definitely on the list for the new computer. :)

robcap
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by robcap »

Just a heads-up

Mark Hurst has completed an excellent video review of the recently released UIVER Douglas DC2 for FSX.
After a brief history of the DC2, Mark focuses on taxiing and crosswind operations, while covering additional aspects of the model during these procedures.
The review is completed with a series of screenshots of the DC2, taken in FSX by Nick Churchill.
We hope you enjoy the review, which is presented at http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk.

We like to thank Mark and Nick for their fantastic work.

Cheers, Rob Cappers and the "UIVER" Team
No DC3 without the DC2
http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uiver/ for more interesting Douglas DC2 info

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Thanks for that Rob :thumbsup:

...an excellent video presentation indeed.

Derek
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

robcap
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by robcap »

Dear customers.

Today, 31-12-2010, the "UIVER" Team published an update for the Douglas DC2 for FSX.

This update is free for existing customers of the Native FSX version. Just download the package again HERE, and re-install using your old key.

!!YOU DON'T HAVE TO PURCHASE AGAIN, JUST CLICK RE-INSTALL IN THE FLIGHT1 PURCHASE SCREEN!! (I don't mean to shout )

Features:

These are now the default liveries available:
Image ImageImage
Modern Aviodrome Uiver,
TWA,
Swiss Air Lines (Neutrality Colours)

FSX, with it's numerous versions, and with all hardware available out there, is quite difficult to have working for everybody in a satisfactury way.
But now all issues reported by previous customers were fixed.

Exterior:
- Some small mapping issues fixed
- Some small 3D enhancements here and there
- Small update to the flightmodel

The power cart (external power) has some enhancements for FSX+Acceleration.
In order for it to work in FSX SP2, change the following in the electrical section in the aircraft.cfg

[electrical] // changed HN Nov 29 2010
max_battery_voltage = 24.0 // with FSX SP2 set = 28.2, with FSX Accel set = 24.0

Interior:
- 3D modelled gauges all around
- All gauge glass have a tooltext, those gauges with more needles have split glass, in order to have appropriate tooltips for all needles
- Middle clicking the OBS knob on the old VOR1/2 gauge, will toggle the VOR1/2.
- Some 3D enhancements here and there
- Some texture enhancements in VC and cabin (check the seatbelt sign )
- Modern Bendix radio: this now has by default COM1 and NAV2, and alternatively ADF1 and NAV1 (like already implemented in the old style radio)
You can now switch the COM1 to ADF1 (click the com1 text on the gauge face. to go to adf1, and click adf1 text to go back to com1)
And you can now switch the NAV2 to NAV1 (click the NAV2 text on the gauge face to go to NAV1, and click NAV1 text to go back to NAV2)
Now all avionics in the modern VC can be tuned as well, all with 3D buttons and visibility states.

That's it basically.
We hope you will use the update, and enjoy our Douglas DC2 even more!

New customers, you will all help the Aviodrome Museum, in keeping the Douglas DC2 in flying condition, for you to enjoy in the (European) airshow circuit in the New Year, 2011!

And remember, No DC3 without the DC2.

Best regards,

Rob Cappers, on behalf of the "UIVER" Team
and a Happy New Year to you all
No DC3 without the DC2
http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uiver/ for more interesting Douglas DC2 info