Caravelles

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Caravelles

Post by cstorey »

The fundamental change in Caravelles came with the switch from RR Avons to P &W. The Avons were the loudest things you've ever heard, inside as well as out, and made the VC10 sound like a whisper - well almost! I have a feeling that the biggest users of Caravelles were in fact Sterling, but I cannot recall whether we saw them at Heathrow

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Sterling were charter so I doubt they were regular at LHR

On the subject of noise.....the One-Eleven when first built was not fitted with noise suppressors to save cost as it was considered quiet :-O .....Compared to types in service like the Avon Caravelles and early turbojet 707 and DC 8's they were :tunes:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

My response was based on my spotting logs for the years 1964 to 1970 when I almost lived there. :lol: And the summers of 1971 to 1974, I worked there so the list should be correct.

Only time I saw Sterling Caravelles was at Gatwick and Luton and that was in the 70s.

Ian

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Its a beauty! I like these alot!!

bobdawkins
Viscount
Viscount

Post by bobdawkins »

Bob Dawkins,South-West Cambridgeshire, U.K, HGV lorry Driver. If thing's don't change they'll stay the same.