Superb Freeware Entandard!!!!

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Superb Freeware Entandard!!!!

Post by Molyned »

Of course they were popular back then Garry !
Had to have something for my Airfix Spitfire squadron to chase rather than just hang down from the ceiling getting dusty :agree:
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Trev Clark wrote:Good grief!

Not one comment here on possibly the best freeware release of the year, possibly an anti-French feeling :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Trev, it looks a great model, but not my cup of tea. Hope it does well though !

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

Not one comment here on possibly the best freeware release of the year, possibly an anti-French feeling :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I'll certainly join in the praise for this - add the Clemenceau as well plus its carrier tracks and you've got a very nice combination - more fun than flying F18's off the Nimitz if you're looking for some carrier bashing in FSX.

And if we want to anticipate the effects of the spending review perhaps we should be flying this off the Ark..... 8)

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

I was thinking when I seen this that some people on here have been on the dangerous end of these aircraft...

Cracking model though!
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

That was the point I was making Mark in that WW2 did not make German models unpopular so I don't see that can be a major reason here ...it'snot as if the Mirage and Excorcet were Argentinian built.
OK, maybe for some but not wholesale unpopularity :dunno:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Don't forget that some of us are luddites and aren't making the move to FS X. If it had been an FS2004 release I'd likely be making plenty of comments - as it is, meh!

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Well. it's a funny old world, my anti-French remark was made as a joke, it seems that it does have an element of truth. I just love flying aircraft of a certain age, that is anything before cockpits became video games!

The Entendard (in real life) may have caused some pain to the prestige of the Royal Navy (at the very least), but this is just another 3D model! It's a very good one and one of the few (and getting fewer!) decent freeware projects seeing the light of day.

They have put a huge amount of work into the project and (as it costs nothing) is well worth trying out (if you run FSX) and deleting if you do not want a non-Brit in your hangar. A work of art is often a matter of taste, but the work of art here can be admired as the 'art' of 3D modelling in MSFS. Maybe someone can knock up a fictional FAA scheme for it............... :-# :-# :lol: RUN AWAY!!!!!
ATB Trev

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

I take it no-one flies A-10's then?

:hide:
JD

gribouil
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by gribouil »

Hello my english friends,
just a word to tell you that the real etendard IV has never been used by anyone but the french navy. The aircraft that was used during the falklands war and is still in service with the argentine navy is the super etendard, a more modern aircraft built during the late 70's (the original etendard that you can fly in FSX was designed during the 50's...)
The "royale french navy" team worked really hard to design this aircraft and I really think you should give it a try...
Have a nice flight!

Stéph.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well. it's a funny old world, my anti-French remark was made as a joke, it seems that it does have an element of truth.
Strictly speaking Trev.. no, not anti-French. The emotive word is 'Etendard' whether preceded by 'Super' or not. I have decided not to comment on your other remarks as they're not worth commenting on.

Tks for that Steph. As I said earlier, I'm not really a fast jet fan though I do enjoy trapping on Clemenceau which with Ark Royal IV makes up my 2 favourite FS carriers :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!