Simshed Nimrod

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Simshed Nimrod

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Nige and happy new year :hello:

Tks for that :thumbsup:

The problem with flightsim (and you will be more aware of this than most of us) is that some models won't hold the aircraft steady on the brakes at fullchat for any length of time and folks assume there is something wrong with the model.. that is the general misconception. Of course, flightsim is a cheap computer game that is built around a series of compromises to give an overall effect to the bod sat in front of the monitor and with that in mind.. developers also have to compromise. The Nimrod models brakes work pretty darned well in all aspects except being able to hold the model still at full throttle and while the braking force could be increased to counter this, it would be grossly overbraked at every other stage of operation. It's not alone in this by any means as you probably know being a simmer yourself :)

Wonder if Brian will make an MRA4 one day? :worried: :hide:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

DaveB wrote:Wonder if Brian will make an MRA4 one day? :worried: :hide:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
Give Brians attention to accuracy I guess he will. But to be accurate it will need to take several years and missed promises of delivery then go into beta and be cancelled just before release :hide:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Yes.. that's what I had in mind :lol: Talking of which.. I wonder where Nige is gonna get shoved now :-O

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Nigel Edwards
Comet
Comet

Post by Nigel Edwards »

Hi folks,

I think Brian and his team have done an outstanding job of bringing the old girl back to life, and speaking as an MR2 QFI I think it is an excellent representation of the jet. Brian, and team, my hat's off to you.

For me I'm off back to CFS, it's like the CIA - you never leave...........................

Best wishes

Nige

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I know that feeling. To go to a certain place that will remain nameless requires a certain level of security clearance. Before you know it.. you're going back again.. and again. I had to leave to stop the cycle :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

Thanks Nige, much appreciated. Nellie C says hello and gave me a graphic description of the galley in your office. Wish I'd seem it. Good luck at CFS

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

Odd.

I'm not getting any smoke from any Nimrod now. Have I turned on the smokeless fuel option somewhere?

A Nimrod, smokeless, earlier.

Did that get traced to anything, gfx settings, cfg changes?

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Odd.

I'm not getting any smoke from any Nimrod now. Have I turned on the smokeless fuel option somewhere?

A Nimrod, smokeless, earlier.
The smoke issue is one of life's great mysteries! I have never had it at all :'( , some other beta testers had it on some flights, but not on others. It is built into the model and seems to work fine for some, but not others.

I have no smoke on the default MS aircraft either, but pretty much all aircraft that use the .cfg entry smoke work fine! At the moment, I do not think anybody has the final solution! I would just spend more time in the VC. ;)
ATB Trev

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

I'm trying to remember what theme I used in Rex last time, although it was a very wet Brize Norton, rain, runway water effects and haze I had smoke. This time at the new RAF Coningsby (above) and a misty, hazy day I didn't. The only thing possibly changed is the theme, I think. But would a graphic file change effect an effect?

Or could it be something else installed, another aircraft that has overwritten the smoke effect file? but then how would that explain anyone not getting the smoke from the Nimrod that was the last thing they installed.

That has got ze little grey cells working, I will get to the bottom of it.

Edited to add - With no changes made to FSX settings, configs or GFX settings I am still getting lots of smoke with my 707. But not the Nimrod. So its narrowing down.

kelsh003
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by kelsh003 »

Hi all,

I have just got FSX Deluxe, and installed the nimrod, but when i go to change aircraft, select my version and click ok, where there should be the aircraft spinning before you click fly, there isn't, there are some windows at the front, some seats where the fuselage would be and just the engine intakes, there is not texture or an outline of the aircraft, just a few bits. Does anyone know what has happened here? Thanks to any help i can be given