Twin Pin!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Twin Pin!

Post by Brian Franklin »

The Bev has always been an old favourite of mine Trev. If I can get enough raw info on her I'd love to have a go at that one.
:)

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Brian give us post over at www.classicbritishfiles.com I think we have some data at least and probably drawings over there

Leif

st george
Meteor
Meteor

Post by st george »

Found a nice vid of Twin pins at Benson in 59

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=64623

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

A very pretty re-paint by Mr Watkins at the pond now, make sure you DL the corrected .cfg as well!
I am hoping for a JF Airlines model which flew out of Portsmouth in the 70's!
ATB Trev

austerdriver

Post by austerdriver »

Took this last night in FSX. Quite nice aircraft to fly.

Jimm

MilesMan
Lightning
Lightning

Post by MilesMan »

Hi Trev

Check out the Pond for your JFA paints!
cheers, Peter W

Nosnilmot
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Nosnilmot »

Any chance of a Kuwait Oil Co Repaint ? Essential its the JF "BOAC" scheme with a Kuwaiti registration (9K-ACB) on the fins between two blue bands, with "KUWAIT OIL COMPANY LTD" in English and Arabic script on the fuselage immediately above a dark blue cheatline. Did manage to find a photo on the internet once, but lost the link. I managed a crude repaint for the Mike Stone model myself, but FSX is beyond me. I have vague recollections of these aircraft parked at Kuwait New in the late 1960s, after their retirement (and a certain well known smuggling incident !). Prior to that KOC had used the aircraft to acces the more far flung (if that's possible in Kuwait) reaches of their operations. They were based out of a quite substantial airstrip built at Ahmadi, complete with two tarmac and one gravel runways, hangarage and maintenance facilities, but then serviced more basic strips at Raudhatain in the North, and Minagish and Umm Gudair in the West. Out of interest KOC maintained the Ahmadi strip long after the Twin Pioneer Ops ceased, just in case they had to evacuate expats from the nearby residential district. One further story (which may or may not be true), during the 1961 Kuwait operations, an RAF Britannia mistook the Ahmadi airstrip for Kuwait New and landed quite safely .... can anyone shed light on the veracity of this tale ?