AI problem

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: AI problem

Post by Filonian »

I use aisound_1.01.zip from Avsim and aisnz.zip by Aaron Swindle from Flight Sim.

To get the best result I unzipped aisound_1.01.zip and copied the contained files int the unzipped aisnz..zip.

Then copy the amalgamated files int the main FS9 sound folder, allowing overwrite when aske making sure of course that you have backed up the originals in case you wish to revert back.

The beauty of aisound_101.zip is that it contains effect files and instructions on how to use them. Reverse thrust etc.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for that Graham :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

There are quite a few replacement AI sound sets available if you check flightsim or avsim. If you do decide to try one of them out, make a backup of the original AI sounds first in case you want to go back.

Nigel²

Oops! did not see Graham's post before I posted - sorry.

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

Thanks again everyone! Come to think of it those strange shapes are indeed two rectangles joined at right angles etc. Will have to check out where I got it from. As for AI sound I will have a dabble with those files nigeb and Graham referred to.
I do have FSX also but have been using FS9 most of the time recently because of the availability of addon aircraft that I like most - Comets, VC10s etc. :guinn:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Paul..

If you'd like to post your 'cold war' traffic file.. now I have the PSS Vulcan on this pc AND I've found an AI B52 from Alphasim.. I'd like to give it a go. I appreciate the possible differences between our systems but I think I could massage out the bits I don't have or need :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

miken5000
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by miken5000 »

paul26may wrote: and I cannot change them as it seems to be locked somehow by the software company -
One way AFCAD files you can't change is to create your own, and ensure you place it higher in the add-on scenery list when you click on it to initiate it ie at the top wil do nicely

That way FS9 will use your AFCAD file rather than the ( often wrong ) third party one

I've had to use that method on a number of add-on sceneries ( even payware ones ) to correct AFCAD faults

Mike