Pompey ships

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Pompey ships

Post by TSR2 »

Ah. Stall the digger. I just realised you mean import all of the 3D objects :$

I'm not that good im afraid :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Like Rick and the Guru's are with models and George with scenery.. it CAN be done if you apply yourself. You don't know you have it in you yet. BELIEVE young Skywalker ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

JKAGary
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by JKAGary »

Essentially what I started doing for Portsmouth scenery is take the current models available from the sketchup warehouse (which are displayed in google earth), tidy up the textures (some of the models are quite wasteful with texture mapping which would affect performance in fsx) then Use MCX to build an mdl file for each building.

Step 2 (which I'm starting) is to use librarycreatorxml to build a
bgl object library for all the mdls

Step 3 was to use instant scenery to place all the Portsmouth building objects contained
in my library bgl created in step 2

but it's a slow process for me at the moment as I'm trying to finish my current carrier models, juggle work, family etc etc....same as the rest of us!!
:lol:

Cheers
Gary

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Well.. it sounds mouthwatering mate :rock: Fortunately, we have enough 'Pompey' to be a viable alternative until your project see's the public light of day. Looking forward to it :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

This is a present for Dave. Taken at Portsmouth Hard at 1300 today from the station with the Gosport ferry terminal in the foreground, HMS Warrior in the middle and it looks as though Victory has had her masts shortened. I hope they asked permission :-O

Two naval ships moored there. Not being very knowledgeable about them, I'd say one was a small one and the other one is a big one. I could be wrong though. Anyway, it was the best I could do as it was a murky day and the picture was taken through the dirty glass of the station :lol:

Ian :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks Ian :thumbsup:

She's a great looking ship is Warrior and even better if you get a chance to go onboard :rock:

The tiddler on SRJ looks like a minehunter/coastal patrol vessel of some sort. The biggun' on PHJ/Middle-Slip is a carrier. Not sure which one we have left but it's either Illustrious or Ark. Didn't one of em pay off last year? (it was Ark so unless deployed.. that ship is probably Illustrious) *-)

Victory has her upper masts and rigging removed every so often for repair and renovation. She does look odd like that doesn't she :worried:

Did you happen to see HMS Queen Elizabeth's stern being towed out of Pompey today.. or was that yesterday?

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

Well yesterday there were 5 Type 45s in and the carrier you can see is HMS Illustrious, Ark Royal is indeed in the dockyard, but around on death row. She hasn't turned a prop in anger in 18months and is a bit of a shell, with all the good bits being taken for 'Lusty'. It can't be long before he makes the trip to Turkey following her sister ship Invincible 8)

Well I'm in the dockyard again to tomorrow, I'll try and find out when the rigging etc will be back on Victory, but I suspect it will be a while

Kind regards

John
never give up, never surrender

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for that John :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

No worries Dave, I've got a shoot in the dockyard next week, I'll post a couple of outakes

John
never give up, never surrender

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Lovely work Gary