Looking for a FS Yoke

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Looking for a FS Yoke

Post by Chris Sykes »

Thanks for that Paul, but you find the Cessna one much better?

TBH im thinking i might want to hold off untill the FS show and see whats available to try out.

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

The Cessna one seems better to me. It's smaller across the yoke between both handles so this seems to reduce the flex that caused sticky pitch.

I've done a fair few hours with the Cessna yoke and its feels nice. Exactly the same throttle quadrant as the normal yoke.

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Hmmm Ok, many thanks Paul for your honist comments, i quite fancy the seperate throttle quadrant so if i dont need them i can hide them out of the way. Not keen on the CH way of sticking them on the yoke box...

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Well thanks for all the comments and advice, I have just bit the bullet and brought a new cessna yoke with extra throttle set off fleabay!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Nice one Chris.. let us know how you get on ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Well im very happy with it so far, the yoke i got had an extra TQ with it so i have set up an Airbrake, 4 throttles and flaps leavers, reverse thrust on each of the throttles for each engine. For one thats used to a stick its quite a bit to get used to flying with a yoke, I did feel that the elevator axis is slightly sesitive compaired to roll so found myself yoyoing down the towards the runway... :hide:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

"Feel the Force", Luke, sorry, Chris.

I'm sure that with a bit more experience, and maybe even adjusting the sensitivity if all else fails, you'll be in total control in no time!

That TQ sounds like it has a number of buttons, would you like to put up a photo?

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Hahah yeah totally different to stick flying, i set it up in the default cessna and i could handle that just ok, but the King Air was different ball game, had to go around first try and then touched down midway on the runway! I think a lot of practice may be helpful.

It has 3 rocker switches per TQ, so i have 6 in total, but i didnt assign any buttons to these yet, ill put a picture up tomorrow if i get the chance...

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

"It has 3 rocker switches per TQ, so i have 6 in total, but i didnt assign any buttons to these yet, ill put a picture up tomorrow if i get the chance..."

Poor Chris - he never had a chance! :'(

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Right on cueImage

Sorry I was moving my PC and assorted kit around the desk as i originally had my monitor in the corner, this caused a little discomfort when using the yoke and TQ's so ive moved round to the straight section, i had just finished a tornado flight so only had the TQ's and the Warthog set up.

Im getting better with the elivator axis on the yoke, think it is just practice but i did also do a windows calibration on the yoke also...