JustFlight Canberra PR9

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: JustFlight Canberra PR9

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I like the 'Cabriolet' comment :lol: I'd presumed it was to 'blow' the canopy but as the canopy was still there, I had doubts.. on a number of levels.. not least of all is it possible to 'blow' a canopy successfully in FSX?? I guess you can make it disappear which amounts to the same thing :)

I know you're all working hard in the background to sort things out. George asked me for a DXDIAG report earlier which I immediately made and dispatched and he wouldn't have done that without good reason ;) I commented to him in my reply that I'd not seen any real angst across the forums and that must be taken as a positive. We all still like it enough and haven't reached a point where JF headquarters is under siege :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Dave, after accidentally pressing the canopy open button on the panel selector I can confirm that it does indeed vanish :agree:

I was a little careless over the North Sea last night.......a nice green message appears that the canopy has been damaged due to high taxi speed (35000 feet and .76 will do that :worried:) and in my case I started getting multiple panels drawn on screen. Changing views calmed things down for a few moments so I was able to make a reasonable emergency landing at Leuchars.

Just to add to the fun, in my haste to press the canopy button again I managed to hit the power button.........I now know that an air start is possible in the Canberra B)smk

Overall I'm enjoying the beast despite one or two little niggles. The climb/dive function seems to work in 10000 fpm intervals, my GPU was semi-underground too (thanks Dave G), panel states seems to have a mind of it's own, and I can't access the analysis application, but on the plus side it is great fun.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Hiya Tony :hello:

You seem to be in pretty much the same situation as me with it.. and a few others too by all accounts :worried: There's always a danger of walking into these sort of problems with a release version but I convinced myself I couldn't wait for the dust to settle and SP's to be issued so jumped in :lol: IF it flew like a brick.. I'd have been forced to put it down to experience and lick my wounds in solace but it doesn't. I still think it's a bit 'loose' at approach speeds but am happy with the rest of the flight envelope (the bits I've visited anyway) so it isn't a problem. It's a fun model, it looks the part and it doesn't kill my system so fingers crossed they find solutions to the problems outlined thus far. ;)

Thanks for confirming the emergency canopy release too :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Hello Gents,

I've taken the plunge with the PR9, and like it very much. However,

I press the starter and the engine slowly, and I mean slowly, increases it's RPM and then appears to start.
The starter sound runs at normal speed but getting the engine started and able to provide power takes about three minutes. Whilst it's running up, the throttle locks at idle.

Can't work this out!

Paul :thumbsup:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Paul :hello:

Others seem to have had trouble starting too so I guess this is being addressed along with the other points raised. I've not tried starting it yet.. only stopping it and it didn't do that once! :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

delta558
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by delta558 »

Going back onto the canopy for a minute if I may:

I think we were at crossed wires earlier, Dave - did you mean the switch next to the flap lever? Your description of it 'not re-setting' had me thinking of the canopy jettison which is intended not to re-set.

A description of the canopy operation will help here - the switch by the flap levers releases the locking bolts to the canopy. The canopy itself is spring-loaded, so once the locking bolts are released it will lift. It's then down to the pilot to use the handles at the front of the canopy to raise / lower it as he wants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IS35H8a10E 1m40s, 3m45s). To lock the canopy, it needs to be closed using the handles and downwards pressure applied to operate microswitches which will then put the locking bolts back in.

As we have it currently, the first part is correct - the switch will release the canopy, nothing more. We are looking at ways to make the canopy operation from the VC more accurate throughout, as at the moment it is only possible to close it using either the panel selector or the default key command.

MartynJF
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by MartynJF »

Hi all,

Just wanted to address a few of the points raised here:
The climb/dive function seems to work in 10000 fpm intervals
Moving the switch should alter the pitch by one degree at a time. Obviously that can translate to different rates of change to vertical speed.
I can't access the analysis application
That is something we are addressing at the moment.
I press the starter and the engine slowly, and I mean slowly, increases it's RPM and then appears to start. The starter sound runs at normal speed but getting the engine started and able to provide power takes about three minutes. Whilst it's running up, the throttle locks at idle
The engines should take between 25-30 seconds to reach idle. Anything longer than that and something is causing an issue with the custom-coded engine start sequence. The throttles are locked during the start-up sequence as FSX doesn’t take kindly to changes in throttle position if you choose not to use their own engine start system (with its many inaccuracies!).
They're actually simobjects in their own right rather than being part of the model (why, I don't know, seems a complicated way of doing things!)
Unfortunately we managed to reach certain limits in terms of model/texture complexity in FSX and therefore had to separate out some ground equipment as SimObjects. We are currently working to address the sunken issue.

Don't forget to submit support tickets for any issues you encounter so that we can keep track of them for the service pack.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight - Developer/Product Manager

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for that Martyn.. much appreciated :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Thanks for the update,

I've submitted a ticket for the engine starting problem. From what you've said about throttle lock, and what I see on the dials, it just seems that the whole process (except the starter sound) runs at about a 50th of the speed it should.
Odd to say the least! :S

Paul

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I actually tried to start it from cold today before I went to work and it wouldn't fire up. The start sequence seemed normal.. it just wouldn't fire up *-) I'll try again tomorrow :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage